Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2014

Berrow Court - Edgbaston

lucy_x, 16 of March of 2012 at 18:03 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi Everyone

We recently went to veiw Berrow Court in Edgbaston/Birmingham and really love the venue itself, but have notcied the is quite a few bad reviews on the place and have been told by a friend through a friend that they ran out of food!! Just wandering if anyone has/or knows anyone thats had their wedding here?? All the comments would be great.....thanks Smiley smile xx

10 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 3 of March of 2014 at 20:20
  • xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

We have booked with this venue for our wedding in September, and after reading the reviews we were skeptical but to be honest they were so helpful to us with our budget etc and the venue is just so beautiful compared to all others around the West Mids that we just HAD to book. We did have a little trouble in the early stages getting hold of them, as it is just a mother and her daughter that run it. It does definitely add to the stress of organising a wedding if you don't have your questions answered straight away, however, they were very apologetic to me once I had chased them after not receiving a response to my first call and e-mail and since then have been very responsive, and I haven't had any issues.

It is such a beautiful venue though!!!

The decision has to be entirely yours, it is your day and you need to be happy with your choices! Good luck and let us know how you get on!! :-)

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lucy_x ·
    • Hide content

I've just spoken to a customer at work and he asked how the wedding plans were going, he asked if id looked at this venue and said he has been to two weddings as a guest and had a nice time and hasnt got a bad thing to say about the place. I had kind of forgot about this venue after hearing the bad reviews but now i have heard this i'm even more confused!! I still think the venue is beautiful and apart from two ridicously priced venues its the best i've seen Smiley smile

Confuesd.com!!!

xx

• xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

Lucy, other than a few issues in the early stages just getting hold of them (which I know is important but the venue outweighed that for me) I have not had any issues, since then they have been very responsive. I must admit I was concerned that they had just taken my deposit and that was it. BUT they have been great now answering all my queries. I think it is just that they are mother and daughter so can't always be there, and also the venue isn't always open at all times like a standard hotel, but then hey.......how many other venues are as beautiful as Berrow Court!!!!!!!!!?

I looked into the reviews etc and found quite a few people that had been there for other weddings and had ONLY good things to say about the place!

I think it's down to you though, you are the one that has to be happy with your choice!! Good luck!! XX

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lucy_x ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs Amor.....think i'm going to go to the next open day to check i still love it Smiley smile x

• xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

Oooh might see you there, I am hoping to go to the next open day, just can't get enough of the place!!!xx

• Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto
    Beginner
    Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto ·
    • Hide content

I've photographed a wedding at Berrow Court last year so coming from a different perspective to you but on the day things ran smoothly and the owners came across as very organised. And it is a beautiful venue, there isn't anything else like it so central to Birmingham.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

We viewed it as a potential venue and really liked the look of it but the man who showed is round put us off. He mentioned he keeps a close eye on the music/dj and monitors the noise level and they seemed quite strict in how you could decorate the venue. I also thought a couple of areas looked a bit shabby with the paint work flaking away but that's probably just me being fussy! I think you just know though if a venue is right for you!

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Chamchick ·
    • Hide content

Highbury Hall is another lovely location in central Birmingham. It's worth a look if your feeling nervous about Berrow Court.

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Another thumbs up for Highbury Hall, it is very nice!

Berrow Court has always been good for us though and have never noticed any issues there either

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is also a wedding fayre coming up soon if you wanted a look round

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics