Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Bespoke suit for OH

17 of June of 2014 at 22:31 Posted on Planning 0 9

Can anyone suggest a UK tailor who doesn't charge the earth to make a suit for the OH and his best man?
Thanks so much xx

9 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedBridesmaid85202, 5 of December of 2019 at 10:53
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

What area do u live in Hun. I know one in Leeds xx

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

There is a company in Colchester Essex called Suits My Size which do bespoke suits and tailoring. If you Google it you should find the website.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Mine used " a suit that fits" for a work suit once and also looked into a place called "dressed 2 kill". Both are in London.

But actually he finds that M&S and their special collection suits are the best. They do a Saville Row range which is really good. And also you can get shirts made to measure on their site which are really good.

I believe today there is a 20% off day too.....

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Partly joing this thread to see what suggestions people have but also my OH's friend suggested Reiss - its not a completely bespoke from scratch suit, but they kind of tailor their own range so its made to measure rather than just buying one of their off the peg suits - so they take more measurements/you can choose materials/styles etc....he hasnt actually been to look at anything yet though so cant help on price. I think generally isnt it such that the groom has a slightly different suit/look to the other guys (BM/FOG/FOB etc) so youre fiance could have his suit bespoke, and you could look for cheaper alternatives (hiring/off the peg) for the other men in the party? I think thats what we'll do anyway - no way Id pay for bespoke suits for everybody :-S

Also if anyone has any recommendations for other bespoke/made to measure suits in the midlands/worcestershire area that theyd like to share...?

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Entirely up to you. Traditionally yes, but I'd say it's been 50/50 at weddings I've been to. In a nutshell, if people were doing tails, then they put the fathers in them too. If no tails, they have tended to wear whatever suit they like in my experience.

I'd suggest asking your two dads. My dad's instant reply was "I'll wear my own suit, and I'm not going to wear a tie", so that made the decision for us. He didn't want to do it the old fashioned way. A professional man who wore a suit for 40 years and is far too funky for his own good now in his retirement years ?

One other thing....beware the bespoke suit if your groom has a fluctuating figure. I've seen just as many grooms lose weight for the big day as brides, and this went a bit wrong for one groom. He got his suit made, and then lost 3 stone afterwards...

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

My OH used Hugo Morris in Brighton for his bespoke suit and absolutely raves about them. It wasn't cheap, but the quality and service were outstanding. Worth investigating at least. Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    butunlikely ·
    • Hide content

I second Reiss as a good option - you buy the suit and then they do alterations. Lovely suits, very flattering. I think there are 3 braqnches in London that do the alterations, but you can get the suit online. there's a sale on at the moment, my oh just got his for half the price the cheapest made to measure he'd found was (but still have alterations to pay).

• S
    SunnyRedBridesmaid85202 ·
    • Hide content

You can try for Hong Kong tailor, The Milan Tailor. They has door step service and online service. You can order from their collection. They has the best variety of suits and quality suits which uh can wear for weddings. And i have the personal experience of their services they are very good at it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics