Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Puddycat
Beginner December 2012

Best 'D' tips

Puddycat, 17 May, 2012 at 13:02 Posted on Planning 0 81

I have noticed lots of people with tickers & weight goals. ️?️

Soooooo who has the best diet tips? I know that regardless everyone wants to look their best on their Wedding Day ?

81 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 18 May, 2012 at 10:17
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I been on the diet chef plan and have lost a stone per month...love it really works for me. (lost 3 stone in total)

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    richardsvicky ·
    • Hide content

Hi! For me a huge change has just been cutting out rubbish and eating healthier. Also, my magic tip, go on ebay and find a tea called 'matcha tea' for me this has been amazing. Its basically just green tea leaves that have been ground up. You only need to drink a few cups a day, one cup is equivilent to 10 cups of normal green tea. I lost a stone in 2 months pretty much just drinking that and eating reasonably well. All the best!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Eat less, move more. Quite simple really.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HA! Came in to say exactly this!

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately Trickers & ForTheLoveOfMrsBr not everyone is that lucky!! I actually have a medical condition that makes it very very hard to shift weight!

Move more - Swim & Run at least 3 to 4 times a week. Walk the dog almost daily (sometimes OH does it without me) Walk approx 3 miles a day whilst at work!

Eat Less - I put weight ON by strictly following Celebrity Slim!!!!!!!! I think my body went into starvation mode and was storing not shedding!!!!!!!!!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I did WW which was good, but then stopped tracking my foods and piled it back on. Now I use My Fitness Pal which is helping me to be more aware of the junk I am or am not eating and how to best balance out exercise. I have also very recently discovered I love sushi, which is great for me right now because I find to be extremely filling and low in fat, carbs and calories.

Dog walking and general walking is good to have as a routine in a healthy life, but I think if you actually want to shift stones and pounds you need to focus on more burnign calories through aerobic cardio workouts and reducing intake of things such as calories, fats, carbs and so on.

However if you have a medical condition, then wouldn't you be best off going to your local GP or nurse and getting a proper diet plan off them?

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

I'm on Slimming World and it works really well for me cos you can eat lots and still loose weight - all about choices and balancing your meals. No calorie counting and no points counting, just eating! I'm never hungry so it might work for you! I lost 1 1/2 stone over 5 months.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you have a medical condition, anything we suggest will probably not be acceptable. Maybe try your GP?

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    MummyBrads ·
    • Hide content

I have heard good things about 'lighter life', but if you have a medical condition then it probably won't be suitable for you. Have you spoken to your doctor?

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say that 'eating less' was always the key. Many people survive on quite small badly balanced 'meals' that make them over weight...

When I had a bit to lose at last Christmas I used a calorie counting app called Calorie Counter by FatSecret. I think it's on iphone aswell as android, it lets you scan the barcodes of stuff and divide portoins of stuff into fractions of what you actually ate. I found the little graph and pie chart quite motivating actually.

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content

Hee hee I am under the doc & have been for years ? Diabetic ? I was just making a point of don't just assume it is because i eat too much and sit on the sofa all day ?

It was a very open question/discussion to see who has the best kept diet secrets that they want to share with everyone else!

My Mummy always taught me if you have nothing nice say nothing at all ?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Excuse me? Dont put words in my mouth please.

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Funkyjameseo that is amazing. Is that the one that comes to your door as meals? What are they like? Is it teaching you the right & wrong as well as portion control?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case surely anybody's diet secrets will be quite detrimental to your health? Most of my family members are diabetic, so I know they generally have a strictly controlled diet and have to be careful with insulin levels - they couldn't just start drinking gallons of green tea and hammering workout DVDs without serious side effects. Won't your diabetic nurse be able to give you some tips that will be more effective for your personal situation?

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ORIGINAL POST - Didn't mention me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LATER POST - Just made a point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

My advice would be to watch 'Secret Eaters.' Sometimes, we convice ourselves we are only eating 1000 calories a day but in fact in denial and overeating!

It was interesting if nothing else.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eh?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Soooo sorry, I mistakenly thought you were asking about diet tips as you were on the lookout for some yourself.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Less calories in + more movement = less fat on body. This is basic biology. If you have a medical condition that you feel exempts you from this simple law, perhaps you should have declared it from the start? Asking for ideas on how to lose weight and not expecting this answer was somewhat short-sighted. And if you please, there's nothing more annoying to a slim girl than to hear that she's just one of the "lucky" ones...

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My mate has just told me about this programme. Looks brilliant!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

?

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Eat less/Move more. It's hardly a *tip* though, is it?

Why are the a lot of posts resulting in sniping of late? I blame the change in the weather...

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because, like Footlong said its an obvious thing to do when you are trying to loose weight. Oh, and I am not sniping.☹️

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think a lot of folks post quite reasonable answers, but it ain't always want people want to hear, and so it begins...

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think that is sniping.

Eat less, move more is the most effective method of losing weight and keeping it off. She asked what worked for other people - Tricks and Footlong answered with that.

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content

Pandorasbox - No worries, I am home alone with an unexpected day off. I have walked the dog & been for a run so I was just curious after seeing so many tickers that's all as everyone wants to look their best regardless.

DuckyBum - I have just found it on Google to see what it was all about (I know curiosity killed the cat ? ) Have got as bar as the adverts at the start. One was for chips & the other for crisps!!!

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Trickers I didn't mean the original comment!

Just the way stuff in decending lately, maybe we're all 'in cycle' together....

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing that.

I'm so confused as to what the purpose of this thread is if it's not to ask for ideas.....

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's the only tip that will work. Every diet plan you see is simply a way of tricking your body and mind into a state where it is happy eating fewer calories. Dress it up how you want - green days/red days, shakes and bars, whatever - but all means less calories in.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I'd take some issue with the equation that "look your best" equals "weight loss".

Doesn't this just pander to our insecurities about trying to look like something we are not? (Leaving aside any health issues)

Looking my best is a whole lot more than how much I weigh: it could be about hair and make up, or just about being happy in my skin. And on our wedding days, which of us is not happy?

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

O dear maybe there is something in the water!! Assumption really is a dangerous thing!!

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here here ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics