Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Puddycat
Beginner December 2012

Best 'D' tips

Puddycat, 17 May, 2012 at 13:02

Posted on Planning 81

I have noticed lots of people with tickers & weight goals. ️?️ Soooooo who has the best diet tips? I know that regardless everyone wants to look their best on their Wedding Day ?

I have noticed lots of people with tickers & weight goals. ️?️

Soooooo who has the best diet tips? I know that regardless everyone wants to look their best on their Wedding Day ?

81 replies

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it can't be denied that we are dealing with a population getting generally more overweight when this trend didn't seem to exist previously. You don't even need to look at 3rd world countries, just look back at people in Britain in the 1920's or so - you don't see as many overweight people. (I guess linked to increased family wealth and the availability of junk food). Whilst I am sure there are many people with genuine health problems that contribute to their weight gain or inability to lose weight, I think there is some scepticim about how often this is truly the case where it is claimed to be. (Disclaimer - I'm not saying anyone on here isn't genuine!)

For many, it should be as simple as eat less, move more - but just because it's simple in theory doesn't make it easy in practice. Losing weight is bloody hard work - you have to give it time and make effort and for some people that's simply not something they have the willpower to endure. Hence the proliferation of 'get thin quick' diets around.

I fully admit that my chub is down to a period of bone idleness on my part and 'being too busy' to find time to exercise.

This. I love running. Couldn't run to the end of the road 2 years ago and now i do 5-10k runs fairly often! Keeps me less chubby and means I can eat more or less what I want Smiley smile

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

I'm currently doing the "drink less beer and work your friggin' ass off diet". Is working so far. Can fit into my 'slim person's jeans' again. but not the 'tiny jeans'. I threw them out a fe years ago.

couple of gym sessions a week -one hardcore, one not so, and pilates and swimming at least 1k a session.

can't resist the twix n tea combo tho.?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eeeeks you're going to be laughing at my puffing away then ?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh noooo please hun dont gooo we looove youuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hahah i still puff - I just persist at it for a while!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

Trust me, if I ate enough Big Macs, I would get fat.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Running is also worth it for the shinies...

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This hadn't even occured to me - are we getting a shiny next week?????? I've never had one before, am so excited now!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I believe you do! I recall getting one in 2011 I think!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm up to 5k now, feels really good that I have improved so much. Have been running home from work recently too.

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies

My advice is stop counting calories. It's about the composition of what is your plate (protein and slow burn carbs, at the right time of day), eating smaller portions and exercising. Yes I mean lifting weights too! Lift as heavy as you can! No silly little pink dumbells either! Shaply arms and legs come from lifting weight weights ... Simples! See the fitness models on the front of those magazines with the shaped arms and toned legs ... They life weights!

Increase your protein content. Protein fuels your muscles for exercise and recovery. Cut out the white carbs and replace with slow burning carbs. Stop counting the calories and staving yourselves. I don't count calories at all and have lost half a stone and am shaping up brilliantly (nice flat stomach and the start of the lines for a six pack)

Also whoever said they had heard that lighter life was good is wrong. My sister did lighter life and it caused far more problems than it solved. She was on under 500 calories a day and it wasted away all her muscles as her body had turned to that for fuel as she was starving herself! When she finally saw a personal trainer, she had hardly any muscle to do anything and it has caused her to yo yo diet plus she has put all the weigh back on. It should be banned! Please, please spread the world, that diet and thecambridge diet are horrific. Any diet that says you should eat less that **** calories a day is horrendous. I eat somewhere between ****, I am never hungry and I am losing weight while firming up my muscles.

• G
    Beginner August 2012
    Gemma&Chantelle ·
    • Hide content

Indeed i'm on the tell myself no diet!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So basically you are agreeing with me then looking at that article? Even in the third world, if you eat too much of the wrong thing, you end up obese. Nothing to do with glands or other excuses, just eating calorie rich foods makes you fat.

I was referring not to the third world as a whole but to famine stricken areas - there are no starving fat people. Dress it up how you want, it's true.

As for my use of the word fatties... I would also refer to myself as a fatty, but I don't make any excuses for it it. I eat too much and exercise too little at the moment so I am fat. I am also 7 months pregnant but I wouldn't use that as an excuse either. I know that once I curb my intake of "bad" foods and start exercising again, I will slim down.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Didn't want to read and run, just to say the 'fatties' comment got my back up, I'm afraid (and didn't like the third world comparison much). People refer to themselves in many derogative ways, doesn't mean it won't hurt others.

Anyhoo, I digress. I must be away to the exciting world of Adult entertainment...

• missharwood
    Beginner May 2016
    missharwood ·
    • Hide content

I downloaded the APP My Fitness Pal (its free). If you don't have a smartphone, you can do it all on the website (myfitnesspal.com).

You put in your details and it works out how many calories you should have in a day. You can scan barcodes to record what youve had...VERY easy.

Then I downloaded the App Runkeeper (free aswell). It tracks your running/walking/and any other exercise activities. It takes into account incline and things, and gives you how many calories you've burnt.

Then I put in the calories runkeeper says on my fitness pal and as i've burnt calories I can eat a little bit more. This is slightly cheating! If you really want to lose weight, dont eat more calories just because youve done some exercise!!

xx

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey thanks

Yea thats the one....Some of the food is great others not so much, it works for me because im really busy and dont have much time to plan. Not the cheapest option but great if like me your very busy trying to juggle everything and diet too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics