Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2013

Best friend not bridesmaid..... Title?? x

KcEliMummy, 23 January, 2013 at 20:24 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello all.

question, my best friend isn't going to be a bridesmaid for my very small wedding, simply because I'm just having my son & daughter as page boy & bridesmaid . but I really want my friend to have a ' title' as I want her input, help with hen night etc etc as a maid of honour would do . What would you call this ' position'?

Lol . I just think it'd sound better when asking her to be involved xx

8 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 25 January, 2013 at 11:32
  • Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

Guest of honour?!

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    KcEliMummy ·
    • Hide content

Ooo!!! I like that a lot!!! sounds perfect, many thanks Smiley smile x

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I know a few people that have had a 'Best Woman'

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I've been in this position 3 times!!!!

I don't think I ever had a title. Non-bridesmaid but helper and all round bride assistant person was about it! I LOVED it!!! Meant I got to be involved in all the fun of organising and helping, but didn't have to feel like I had 'duties' on the day and could enjoy the wedding as a guest!

For my wedding I think I'm going to be in an awkward position with regards to bridesmaids - I'm even engaged yet! My mum says I should have my two cousins, who I am close to, but I do want to include my friends too. A lot of them come as pairs too, as in if I had one I'd have to have the other!

I've been bridesmaid 4 times so far (another time next month) - Some peoples' opinion is that if you are bridesmaid for someone they have to be your bridesmaid too? I find this very strange - unless I decide to make them all wear my bridesmaid dresses like in 27 Dresses!

At the moment looks like I'm going to have 0 or about 8!!!

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

Surely she's your MOH?

If I had decided to not have BMs my BF would still have been my MOH regardless of whether she wore her own dress.

Whatever title you give her she's your PIC - partner in crime ;o)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree. Just because she's not wearing a "proper" dress doesn't mean she isn't, in fact, your BM. In fact, it's a bit cheeky to ask her to the job without at least bestowing the title on her. Smiley smile

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Ask her if she'd be your MOH, then say something like 'Don't worry I'm not going to make you wear a dodgy bridesmaid dress, you are welcome to wear whatever you would be wearing as a guest anyway, you know we are only having a small wedding and I want you to enjoy the day as a guest but would love you share in the excitement of the planning too'

I agree that if you only have the one friend it's fine to ask them, and bestow the title on them!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I agree with others regarding her being MOH, Originally I only had under 16's in my bridal party then I realised that I needed to have someone sign the register and wanted that person also to do a reading for us so in the end MOH was the only fitting title to give her.

We have bought her dress and everything but as she is the only adult we bought one from a high street store that worked with the other bridesmaids colours and it all worked fine , is this an option for you??

L x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics