Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry

Best friend not coming

Ali312, 23 of June of 2022 at 17:26 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3

HI all,

So I got in touch with my best friend about my wedding recently (it's abroad) after travelling for a bit myself and he casually dropped that his passport is expiring and he needs to renew before going and that he'll try to sort it out. The wedding is in 2.5 weeks so it's really unlikely that he'll be able to come given all the delays at the passport offices atm. To be fair to him he's had things going on, but he's known about the wedding for over 2 years! I know people have their lives, but how do you let this happen to your best friend? He's not really acknowledged that he's not coming, but bar a miracle, it's pretty obvious he won't make it (same day appointments are essentially non-existent atm).

I'm so upset. He won't be there to see me in my dress or to be in the pictures or to celebrate with us. I've always imagined him there Smiley sad I'm not sure what I'm looking for by posting here, I'm just really upset and wanted to share this with someone Smiley sad Smiley sad

3 replies

Latest activity by Ali312, 24 of June of 2022 at 09:53
  • C
    Curious October 2023 Bristol
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    Not great really and as you say he's had long enough to know about the wedding and sort his passport. Try not to let it ruin your wedding and it'll be his loss if he can't make it.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Hugs. I'm so sorry. It sounds as if your best friend may have moved on and perhaps the friendship isn't as important to him as it used to be. That hurts, but try to focus on all your other friends who can be there instead xxx

• A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys. I'll try and not think about it too much in the lead up to it and on the day, will focus on my family. Might broach the subject when back and see what happens :/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics