Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LuxuriousPurpleConfetti61780
Beginner February 2024 Lothian & Borders

Best Man?

LuxuriousPurpleConfetti61780, 26 of July of 2021 at 20:47 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 11
My partner isnt very close with anyone he has a friend who isnt his best friend they have been out a couple times for drinks and food, but thats about 3 times in the last 4 years, he doesnt really want to ask him to be best man but because i have 2 bridesmaid (Best friends) and 2 junior Bridesmaid (his daughter and niece) he feels that he has to have a best man, I say no because he can have groomsmen and ushers (My brothers) but he thinks that will be silly.

11 replies

Latest activity by Libby, 10 of August of 2021 at 23:07
  • R
    Savvy May 2022 South West London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

Tell him my partner is having no groomsmen or best man, whereas I have 4 bridesmaids and at least 2 flower girls. It won't look imbalanced and it's just about personal preference.

• MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    My partner isn't close to anyone either, he's having his dad who is literally the BEST man ever!! And his brother, my brother and a young 15 yr old nephew. I wouldnt have a friend who you aren't that close to, you might drift apart and that not so close friend will be in all the pictures everywhere xx
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    My other half is not having anyone at the moment. He has no close male friends and he is not close to his two brothers so not asking them either. His dad is no longer with us so he thinks he will just have nobody! I am fine with that as it’s his choice.

I’m having my adult sister and my 2 teenage girls (not my partners children) and her three kids in the bridal party.
    If he’s happy then I’m happy, there are less expectations nowadays and people can do what they like! Good luck
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

My OH doesn't want a best man as we are only having immediate family in the ceremony. I am still having 3 adult bridesmaids and they know it won't be the traditional role but they are going to help me before the wedding and on the day just not in the ceremony (only having my MOH, my sister in there). Do what feels right for you and your OH though Smiley smile We are trying to break with quite a few traditions as they just dont work for us x

• W
    Savvy August 2021 Lincolnshire
    Wishtobe ·
    • Hide content
    My husband is having his daughter! Doesn't have to be a man! Its whatever you want x
  • S
    Beginner November 2021 West Sussex
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    My other half isn’t having a best man either as his family live abroad and are unable to come to the wedding. So we’re going to get ready together in the morning with my bridesmaids and have a laid back day all together. Not at all traditional but think it will be lovely.
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the previous comments. Just do what works for you guys. We’re the opposite. My other half is having a friend as a best man but I’m not having any bridesmaids. I have a lot of friends I could have asked but I just don’t want them! 😄
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    My fiance isn't having groomsmen and his dad is his best man, just do what feels right don't worry about conventions Smiley smile
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We didn't have any best man or groomsmen and no MOH or bridesmaids and it was perfect without, do whatever you want to do and dont worry about tradition!
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

My husband didn't have a best man, he had his Dad & my Dad in the same outfits as him but he's not got any close friends that he wanted as a best man! He was really worried as I had 3 bridesmaids but he agreed it worked really well Smiley smile As others have said, do not let traditions etc affect your day unless you feel very strongly about them!

• L
    Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Libby ·
    • Hide content
    My fiancé is having his Dad as best man. Does he have any close relatives he could have as best man/woman? Alternatively, he doesn’t have to have anyone if he doesn’t want to! It’s your wedding, do it your way! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics