Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner June 2019

Best Man?

hayesy, 23 of October of 2017 at 17:56 Posted on Planning 0 2

I've got a predicament on choosing a best man. It's basically between my brother and my wife-to-be 's brother. That might seem like a no brainer but I've had a lot more to do with my future brother in law and he's always helped me and future wife out whenever we've needed it. I've never really been that close to my brother, who is 7 years older than me. I was always closer to my other older brother who was 5 years older but sadly passed away when I was 15.

My mum and dad have both said they really wouldn't mind if I didn't have my own brother because of how he's been and they even told me than when he got married he told them that I would be his best man but instead he chose an old mate who he hadn't seen for years.

Do you think I should just go with my future brother in law and forget what anyone else thinks?

2 replies

Latest activity by vicky_langford91, 4 of March of 2018 at 12:27
  • M
    Beginner July 2017
    Mr_P ·
    • Hide content

It's your wedding - go with who YOU want to be best man, not worth playing family politics. Do you think your bro would actually embrace the fact he was BM? Plan the stag do? Do the running around and organising? Do you really think he'd be bothered by not being asked?

Out of politeness, I'd maybe tell him he wasn't being BM prior to asking your bro-in-law.

Also - you may want to post this in the general forum, you'll get far more replies!!!

• E
    ExpensivePurpleFlowers58790 ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree with you!) wholesale diamonds

• V
    Beginner May 2018
    vicky_langford91 ·
    • Hide content

First, it's your wedding day. So i think you should invite the man whom u are really close to. Another, your mum and dad wouldn't mind if you don't choose your elder bro. What's more, i think your bro will respect your own decision. So, in this matter, just follow your heart.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics