Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2017

Best man's partner

SunnyBrownFlowers802, 11 of May of 2017 at 09:21 Posted on Planning 0 4

We invited our best man and his long term partner with whom he has a child to our wedding, this morning my fiancé received a message from him saying that he would be bringing his new partner to our wedding instead! This has come as a shock and we don't know anything about what has happened as the BM lives a fair distance away. We have never met this new woman and I'm not happy about her coming to our wedding - especially as we only have 34 guests consisting of family and really close friends. I'm also worried that the BM's new situation will be the topic of conversation at the wedding when it's supposed to be the one day that it's all about me! Does anyone have any advice - my wedding is in 16 days and my fiance thinks I'm overreacting and being difficult.

4 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 12 of May of 2017 at 22:40
  • PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

So first of all I totally feel for you, I remember the guest drama 2 weeks before my wedding.

The biggest one was my big brother having a tramtrum as I didn't let him invite his best friend even though his gf and there 10 kids were coming, I was so angry but my husband said to let him come as it wasn't worth the stress on me so I did and the guy didn't even remember to come!

The bm is totally in the wrong, he can't decide to bring someone else to your wedding 16 days befor, it's really cheeky and out of order but all that said it's going to be easier on you if you just go a long with it, it would be different if your h2b agreed with you but as he doesn't just be the bigger person. I promise you on the day your be so loved up you won't care and your guests may gossip a tiny bit about the new girl but it won't take the light off you and won't last long.

Try not to worry and enjoy the fact that your getting married in less then 2 weeks.

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

He should really have explained to you what happened. Are you friends with his long term partner and is she still invited to the wedding? Could make things awkward if so.

How long has he been with the new partner for? Its a bit of a tough one, personally I would be inclined to say no if they have been together 5 minutes. Its a bit awkward for everyone, and like you say, if he rocks up with a new partner people will be talking about it)

On the other hand....if you have already paid for the meal you could invite her to cover the cost. Maybe you could arrange to meet up with the two of them before the wedding and get to know her xx

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that's a tricky situation! I think a good next step would be for you both to have a Skype chat with him and find out a bit more.

If she attends make sure to brief your photographer about what's happened so they know she's not a priority for the photos.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'd just let her come. You don't know the situation and it's not worth the stress this close to your wedding.

No one's going to be talking about it. They will notice but you're still going to be the focus.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I'd let her come too. In the grand scale of things it's not really a huge deal, is it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics