Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Soulmates
Beginner August 2012

Best place for bunting?

Soulmates, 22 January, 2012 at 17:49 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello ladies!

Question for a friend, where are you getting your bunting from? She's having a shabby chic, pink tones wedding. I suggested making her own but she's a baker rather that a sewer!

I've offered to make it for her if she can't find anything cheap so any tips would be great too

Thankyou!

3 replies

Latest activity by sgreen, 14 March, 2012 at 10:53
  • *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from ebay. I thought about making it but the thought of the cost of fabric + time invested in making it - made the purchase an easy one! I haven't got the figures to hand but we spent around £50 on literally a couple of hundred metres. We got loads. I didn't worry too much about the colour scheme of it either as who's going to pay any attention to the detail of it? Just the effect of hanging bunting is pretty enough for me!

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Im making my own but has she tried the bay of E?

Im collecting material from any charity shop that we go past - cutting up dresses, bed sheets etc. Ive bought 'apron binding' from the above auction site, its 1.75 for 5 metres.

• K
    Beginner
    ker-anne ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Im having trouble getting good value bunting for our wedding. Could you send me a link to your ebay supplier please?

Thanks alot!!

?

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    sgreen ·
    • Hide content

Its very easy to make!

Just find the cloth you like, and the cheapest place for cloth is usually your local market.

I also found it much, much quicker to have a wooden template triangle, place it on the cloth and cut round it with a craft knife, than use scissors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics