Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Ducky*
Beginner July 2012

Best place for thick black tights (80-100 denier)

*Ducky*, 7 of November of 2013 at 08:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Nice and thick and even (not woolly). Wash well.

I also like to pull my tights right up over my belly button and don't like it when there isn't enough fabric to go past my hip bones. Weirdo.

Any recommendations?

13 replies

Latest activity by *MM3*, 7 of November of 2013 at 19:08
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Accessorise do some nice ones... Silky rather than wooly too.

I just got some 80 denier ones from there but they had 100 too.

£5 a pair.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

M&S. They are between £8 and £12 but they last well.

Im like you, I like them up to my belly button - helps to smooth out my problematic tummy

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I got some from primark, 80 den and theyre lovely and silky and even coloured. think they were £3 for a pair. They had 40, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 and woolly. In all different colours.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I got some from Peacocks. £5 and they do them in black, crimson and a couple of other colours. They're really nice and soft, very thick without being woolly. I think they're called Supersoft.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I can relate to this; I've spent a fortune on tights in the past from M&S, Debenhams, all over the place...but the best ones I've found are Tesco. I'm plus size, but tall too, so they're often too short in the legs and not long enough in the waist / hips so I end up having to buy pairs 3 sizes too big which fall down or bunch up around the ankles a la Nora Batty.

Tesco ones are about £5 for 3 pairs and by far the best ones I've tried. And they don't seem to ladder either. I swear, I had one pair which lasted several years.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Primark seconded! I get the fleecy lined ones, they're lovely and warm and definitely come up past belly button! M&S do 100 denier bodyshaper ones that I LOVE, they're quite pricy but last for ages and once they're up they stay up!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Super, thanks, very useful thread. I never get on with the Tesco ones though. Agree they wash well, don't ladder etc. and don't go bobbly, but they roll down something terrible on me, not a good look. Weird sizing.

Shall try those mentioned! When I'm wearing boots with dresses I wear leggings more than tights if I can get away with it. Cheaper in the long run and way more comfy!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all!

thats quite a lot of recommendations! I shall make it my mission to try as many as possible!!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

My favourite thick tights are from M&S! They've lasted well and washed well, and they pull up super high (but I'm not very tall)

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Mine's another vote for superdrug, I used to have M&S ones but don't think they last long enough for the price.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I love new look & superdrug ones Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics