Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Best wedding favour you've been given from someone else's wedding?

Bridaldaze, 4 of October of 2013 at 09:47 Posted on Planning 0 46

As above!

I don't ever recall getting a wedding favour, but then it has been years since I've been to a wedding.

My Fh wants to give favours. I am thinking chocolate as if people leave it behind, I'll happily eat it lol.

46 replies

Latest activity by slou90, 7 of October of 2013 at 17:45
  • LoveHimMegaMuch
    Beginner August 2014
    LoveHimMegaMuch ·
    • Hide content

My sister got married in October 4 years ago and in the ladies favour boxes had put in pink Breast Cancer pin badges as it was the awareness month....can't remember what the men got though. I wear my pin badge on my nursing uniform each October now.

i really want to put in something which will be useful but not too pricey but I'm stumped!! xx

• Meltdown
    Dedicated September 2021
    Meltdown ·
    • Hide content

At my sisters wedding last year she gave home made jams and chutneys, as well as a large "minature" of baileys, whisky, gin or Vodka. I think she brought the bottles on line and then decanted the drinks into them. These were very popular and most bottles went home empty!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I've not been to many weddings but the favours have all been edible, either chocolates or sweets. The only ones I really can't stand is sugared almonds. Why would I want to break my teeth??

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I don't remember a single decent wedding favour, if I'm honest. Though we did get loads of good feedback from all the various jams and chutneys we gave at ours. Cost a fortune though.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Weirdly at my sisters this year. They were mirror mug coasters with a space for a pic in the middle. She put our faces in them and used them as place settings too. They were a great talking point as some people had really funny pics that she had robbed off facebook. I swapped with OH and have his on my bedside table. Little pic of him and for my water glass.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I love your username!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We're having alcohol miniatures as a way to buy people a drink. I also didn't want stuff just left behind.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Erm, I love chocolate ones because I'm greedy!

I went to wedding the other week and they had tiny cream buckets with 'just married' rock in it. I managed to come home with 6 of the buckets for tea light holders. They also did hanging hearts for everyone with their names on tied to the back of the chairs instead of place names. Loved those too!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I've always found mini bell jars of home made alcohol goes down well! My friend made blueberry gin as favours and it definitely got drunk on the day or taken home!

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    miss h to mrs h ·
    • Hide content

At a wedding I went to recently the favours were bottles of perfume (paco rabane), very nice but I somehow managed to open mine in my bag! Everything was rather wet but my bag smells lovely haha

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

The best favours I've been given is either something to eat or drink haha, i'm a greedy nyaff!
    I had been planning favours for ages and I think i'm going to end up with miniatures and some chocs for people, and like you say if any get left behind i'll be happy to take them on their behalf lol.

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyPurpleDecor50 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness, sugared almonds are awful, lol, yes defo something to eat or drink, some people dont bother with the favours and just have a candy cart? xxx

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

At the last wedding I went to everyone got novels , the girls got romance novels and my friend chose the wedding by Danielle Steel for me as we are getting married next!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I have only ever received sugared Almonds or bubbles... where as any gift is nice I do find them 2 particularly boring and predictable (if you going to be so impersonal about thing you might as well save the money as it will only go to waste)

never had the alcohol one but the sound really cute

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

The only one I had I liked was a little glass candle holder and candle with the wedding couple's names and date on it. But now it just lives in a cupboard....

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

At Our friends' wedding a couple of years ago, we were given cupcakes with flags in (doubling up as place names). They were delicious andi are mine before the wedding breakfast Smiley laugh

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I really think it depends on the sort of person you are - I have had a pebble from Brighton beach with my name painted on, a candle, chocolate, Loveheart sweets, pin badge...but they all leave me cold really. I just don't want pebbles and badges and candles cluttering up my house, particularly if they are personalised for the wedding - guess what? Your wedding really isn't so important that I need a permanent reminder of it in my home ?. I know I am a total wedding scrooge when it comes to favours though and lots of people like them.

I think food/booze is a better idea but even then, you are sitting down for a 3-course meal, who really wants to eat a packet of sweets? It is no wonder they get left on the tables.

Bah humbug.

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Not too sure what we are going to have, we've had traditional gingerbread and chocolate coins (not at the same wedding!) as favours, both wet down well, the gingerbread was delicious! Be careful using things like miniatures, some places will charge corkage on each bottle!

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I've just realised that wedding favours are the adult equivalent of kid's party bags full of tat, which I also detest. ?

• M
    Beginner September 2012
    Molly01092012 ·
    • Hide content

I made these keep calm key rings and personalised them to say thing like keep calm I survived the stag / hen / and drink champers / and eat cake / and boogie etc etc. Lots of my friends and family are still using them.

• M
    Beginner September 2012
    Molly01092012 ·
    • Hide content

Pressed post before i meant to!I really like edible favours as well, maybe cake pops, chocolate lollies or toffees.

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

My friend had books that she had sourced from charity shops as her table centres, but she made sure the number of books equalled the number on the table, and we were told to help ourselves. I now have a lovely old edition of Bleak House in my bookcase! ?

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    catnor ·
    • Hide content

Sunflower seeds in a pretty pouch for the kids and mini alcohol for adults.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just out of interest what did people on table 1 do Smiley winking x

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We gave out British Legion charity poppy pins to all, we also had charity poppies for our buttonholes The men had aftershave and the ladies had perfume samples

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

The last wedding we went to we got jam.. Just thou it was odd.

Now it's the norm. Don't have a clue what were gonna do yet.

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

Slou90 .. I think she meant equal to the number of guests on each table? ! Lol!!

• vintageloulou
    Beginner July 2014
    vintageloulou ·
    • Hide content

We are stuck with our ideas yet, do we go for something edible or something cute, we did think of the homemade jam, or we are having a Flipbook photobooth, and each guest has 1 voucher to use for theirs, they get to take the flipbook home with a 7sec video printed in it, it is fun, a memory and they made their own favor!

• vintageloulou
    Beginner July 2014
    vintageloulou ·
    • Hide content

We are stuck with our ideas yet, do we go for something edible or something cute, we did think of the homemade jam, or we are having a Flipbook photobooth, and each guest has 1 voucher to use for theirs, they get to take the flipbook home with a 7sec video printed in it, it is fun, a memory and they made their own favor!

• vintageloulou
    Beginner July 2014
    vintageloulou ·
    • Hide content

• S
    Beginner March 2015
    SunnyIvoryBridesmaid9 ·
    • Hide content

That is why we opted for the flick book- it is the size of a credit card therefore unless your bag is Smaller than your credit card, it is ideal and this means u have a lasting memory, something fun and can be kept, not only that it means you don't have to carry something big home. Ideal for all guests!!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! I feel a bit sick at the thought of giving my guests something with our names and wedding date on it.

I haven't been to a wedding since I was a 1year old BM for my parents, but I can imagine that food/drink related favours go down best Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics