Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Best wedding favour you've been given from someone else's wedding?

Bridaldaze, 4 of October of 2013 at 09:47

Posted on Planning 46

As above! I don't ever recall getting a wedding favour, but then it has been years since I've been to a wedding. My Fh wants to give favours. I am thinking chocolate as if people leave it behind, I'll happily eat it lol.

As above!

I don't ever recall getting a wedding favour, but then it has been years since I've been to a wedding.

My Fh wants to give favours. I am thinking chocolate as if people leave it behind, I'll happily eat it lol.

46 replies

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

One wedding we got given tokens for a fun fair style grab machine ... They had one with loads of different prizes inside ranging from blow up instruments to £10 ... Also lottery tickets ... It was a bit of fun and I quite enjoyed it for the 5 mins the game lasted. .. Also photobooth pics .... I'm not bothering myself ... I'm having a sweet buffet (I've already got the bowls and scoops from my 30 th so why not reuse!) And that will count as the favour.... As someone else said it's really just adult party bag and I hate party bags ... All children want is the sweets and cake ... so basically that's what everyone will get at my wedding.

My first wedding was very extravagant but completely cookie cutter ... I was really young and just booked what "you are meant to have" this was back in 2001 and I remember having booze miniatures in plastic boxes with glitter and sparkles .... It costs about £300 and my MIL paid .... everyone really liked them ... It was quite novel back then but £300 on favours now makes me feel sick! !

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

I love sugared almonds!! And I think my fave favour was one my best friend put together, it was a little organza bag with things in that represented health, love, fertility etc and come from a little rhyme but I can't for the life of me remember what was in it, I kept it but its still packed away somewhere from when we moved.

• MrsLongstaff2014
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsLongstaff2014 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to do kinder eggs for ours, chocolate and a toy......

• jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

A friend made some awesome chocolate truffles which were a great favour - OH was peckish and ate his as soon as he sat down at their wedding. Jam is also quite nice, but I don't really like jam, so it's not something I'm mad for.

We love real ale, so my Dad is brewing us a special beer and we're making our own labels, with each bottle doubling as a place name. Kids/teetotalers will get ginger beer. My Mum asked what happens for the people who don't drink beer and my response was that a) no one ever asked me whether I like sugared almonds at the many weddings where I've been given them (I bloody hate them - does ANYONE like them?) b) even if someone doesn't drink beer hopefully the bottle will be a nice memento. If not, they can palm it off on a relative or friend! Smiley winking

Having said all that, we've just come back from a wedding where there were no favours and I didn't miss them at all...

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Mine will have our names on (hopefully) but they are very small (guitar pick are only about an inch long max and very thin)

and

they are practical since most our guests own guitars and you never have a pick when you need one lol

and

the handful that dont own guitars can keep them as a small keepsake that requires no room or put them on a key-chain/necklace (they are great on key-rings)

and

if they get left behind we can use them (as I said you can never have too many picks)

I think some people on here seem a little bitter to the fact that some one has bought them a present lol

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Ive been struggling on this one. Im a keen baker and originally wanted to make little cookies (baked inadvance, frozen and then a week before royal iced with their names piped on so they would double up as place name cards) but FMIL said I'd be taking on too much hard work, baking is my major stress believer but thought she'd go mad if I did it!! Ive thought about making little jams because they can be made months in advance, but also still kind of thinking about making basic fginger bread cookies. We're having a sweet cart because OH loves jellies and we both love sweets, but I wanted there to be a little something else on the tables too. I really like the idea of having little miniatures for everyone for the toasts but knowing some members of my family theyd use them as a single shot and not make it last all the way through!!

• B
    Beginner
    Bridaldaze ·
    • Hide content

This is awesome! I am getting so many ideas! Thanks everyone Smiley smile

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh ... The shame ! Ooops

You voted for . Add a comment 👇