Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner March 2014

Best wedding packages for weddings abroad?

Tilster2912, 13 of December of 2012 at 19:21 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 9

Hi,

I have not long got engaged to my partner of 7 years and so have only really started doing some research. We are looking at having a ceremony with about 30 of us in Italy, and then having a party/reception at home for everyone else. I have my eye on Sorrento at the minute and have found a package with Thomas Cook for £829. I have also looked at flights which are relatively cheap, and hotels. I was wondering how to get the best value for money - is it to buy a package with a travel agent or can you get more included by doing it a different way? If we book with a travel agent I think you have to pay for a holiday and then the wedding package is in addition to that, but we may well book flights etc separately. My parents are paying for myself and the hubby-to-be, as well as my sister (bridesmaid) and themselves. That will include the actual ceremony, flights and accommodation for us. Myself and fiance are intending to take everyone for dinner after and we will pay for that.

Can anyone send me in the right direction with who to book with or speak to?

Thanks so much - still a lot for me to find out x

9 replies

Latest activity by Louby1404, 20 of December of 2012 at 21:15
  • J
    Beginner September 2014
    Josssh ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tilster,

I'm going to get married in Italy too.

After many thoughts a friend of mine (she's got married in Italy last year) told me how efficient was her wedding planner (a girl from DAMA Wedding agency)

I decided to hire her for my peace of mind... she is professional, creative and above all she's always one step ahead of any problem that may arise.

Hope this helps... happy planning! ?

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Maybe check out some wedding planning companies before you book anything as alot of brides have had problems with booking their wedding's through the travel agents,. Quite a few on another forum had to wait around 10 weeks after booking up to find out their date and then werent given a time until they got into resort. I think you get more options and help with wedding planners. My wedding is in may in Santorini and the planning company i have used have been excellent. xx xx

• Louby1404
    Beginner June 2013
    Louby1404 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We looked into booking with an travel agent but not for long!!! I heard lot's of examples of this sort of thing. Our wedding planner on Rhodes has been fantastic and I feel like our wedding is going to be very personal to us. not sure if you get this so much with first choice etc. Having a wedding planner doesn't always make it more expensive either.

xxxx

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gemma_bettinson ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We have booked ours through a wedding agency in Rhodes, even though we are not getting married until 2015 the date and time is held for us. Had a lot of e-mails exchanged already a the lady who I've dealt with so far has been wonderful. A family member booked through Thomas cook weddings and she wasn't completely satisfied with how they dealt with some things so that why we looked in an agency. I doesn't work out any dearer and the wedding planner knows the area and can give me the best advise. As we are not bothered if our guests stop in our hotel or not, as long as they are in Pefkos so we don't need to make a group booking.

I think there is no harm looking into both options and see which one suits you best.

Happy planning

Gem x x

• Louby1404
    Beginner June 2013
    Louby1404 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay!!! another Rhodes bride!!!

Where are you getting married?

xxxx

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gemma_bettinson ·
    • Hide content

Hi Louby,

We are getting marrids in St Pauls bay in Lindos, then having our evening "do" at Kavos Mare in Pefkos, how about you and when are you getting married? It's all soooooo exciting!

Gem x

• Louby1404
    Beginner June 2013
    Louby1404 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya gem,

We're getting married at Kalithea Springs and then our reception is at Mimakos Taverna just outside Afandou 10th June next year. Less than 6 months!!!!

Lindos is gorgeous. Have you been out there before? Might be able to give you a heads up on a few things. I used to live just outside Rhodes town.

xxxx

• T
    Beginner March 2014
    Tilster2912 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies everyone. I think I will definitely look into wedding planners as it seems to be the favourite option.

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gemma_bettinson ·
    • Hide content

Hi Louby,

Oh that would be wonderful thank you so much!

We went out there this year for a holiday, OH asked me to marry him two weeks before hand (he wanted to do it while we were away but he couldn't wait) before we went I had my heart set on getting married at home, you know the nice hotel, sit down meal etc but the min I got out there I fell in love with the place, just everything about it, how relaxed it was and I thought this is what I want, OH loved the idea, I think thats what he wanted from the outset.

Yours isn't far away either wow bet your well excited!! How long did it take you to plan and how big is your wedding party?

Happy planning

Gem x

• Louby1404
    Beginner June 2013
    Louby1404 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya Gem,

SOOOOOOOO Excited!!!! It hasn't taken long at all really. We decided to get married there when we went out in June after seeing the springs and then started looking for a wedding planner when we got home. I found Margarita at Weddings Rhodes and enquired about the date for next year just to get an idea of how much it was going to cost us. We could have the date I said and got the prices and it just went from there!! We went back out in October to meet with her and sort through the details. I had booked the taverna direct because I used to go there when I worked out there and loved it. Mike hadn't seen it though so we went for a meal and chatted to the staff. (they could not be nicer!!!) It's all just fallen into place really.

We have 30 people already booked but are expecting 10/15 more.

Sorry for the essay!! It's so nice talking about it though. like I said, let me know if you need a heads up on anything.

Louby

xxxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics