Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShootingStar
Beginner August 2009

Better late than never ... Small Wedding Report

ShootingStar, 30 October, 2009 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

I have not been on here in months and in the lead up to my wedding I would read and review rather than post, but I thought I would share some piccies from my big day.

http://lilyandfrankblog.com/?p=2323

We got married in August, I worried so much about the weather, but on the day there really was no need to worry. I can honestly say that the far exceeded our expectations - it was amazing.

We got married in a church close to my parents house - I walked to the church with my Mum, Dad and BM's. The service was fantastic. The vicar was great, there were giggles and tears. A great friend of our wrote a poem and read it at the church - there were tears for that bit!

After the service we strolled back to my parents for canapes and drinks on the lawn, the weather was so good and people were having such a great time that we decided to extend the drinks and delay dnner. When dinner was served, everyone was amazed - it was divine. I can highly recommend Sean at Purple Pumpkin - not only did he and his team serve a great wedding breakfast, the evening buffet of ham and cheese was also a big hit.

The speeches and cake cutting came next, again - tears and laughter. My Dad did me so proud!

Our first dance was to You're My Best Friend by Queen and we were joined on the dancefloor by our 2 year old nephew bless him!! After our first dance the band got going and everyone hit the dancefloor.

The night ended at 2am, but the party continued back at my folks house until 5am!!!

If there is any advice I can give you is to sit back and relax, enjoy ever minute and try not to plan everything .... I never thought I would end up on stage with my husband and the band singing Wonderwall ... but I did!! There are a couple of N&P's that might help you all in your planning.

Photographer - Catherine at Lily and Frank. Her work speaks for itself. We were honestly blown away by how she captured our day. www.lilyandfrank.co.uk/

Wedding Coordinator - Lisa Bevan at White Tulips. Lisa went out of her way to ensure the day ran smoothly, even running back to the house to find my Dad's glasses before his speach. www.weddingsbywhitetulips.com/

Stationary - Jo Dowell of Cocobella Ceations. I found Jo on here and we worked really closely together to get the stationary right. So right that it helped us to confirm thwe theme. www.cocobellacreations.co.uk/ or www.flickr.com/people/cocobellacreations/

Caterer - Sean at Purple Pumpkin, throughout the planning and on the day Sean was a great support in organising the day. www.purplepumpkin.org.uk/

I hope you like the pictures, there were 1200 in total so this is just a snap shot. Good luck with planning your big day ... enjoy every minute of it!!

A x

4 replies

Latest activity by ShootingStar, 1 November, 2009 at 12:02
  • Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Your pics are lovely and your venue was stunning!!! Congratulations

• W
    Beginner July 2010
    WendyQ ·
    • Hide content

I agree, fantastic photos and the venue looks amazing!

• diamondsragirlsbestfriend!
    Beginner May 2008
    diamondsragirlsbestfriend! ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Shining Star, sounds like you had a lovely day. Your photos are fantastic too!

• ShootingStar
    Beginner August 2009
    ShootingStar ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girlies .... The venue is actually a school. My Dad is the caretaker and I grew up there. I always wanted to get married at the church at the end of our road and have our reception at the school ... I never thought it would look that stunning!! I wish I could do it all again .....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics