Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2011

BHS bridesmaid dresses. Anyone know...

clairewill, 7 March, 2011 at 01:14 Posted on Planning 0 5

Anyone know what the sizing is like on BHS bridesmaid dresses? Are they about right or smaller/bigger?

Me and the bridesmaids are all liking this one. Shame it's not one of the colours in their sale!

https://www.bhs.com/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/657225/226867

5 replies

Latest activity by clairewill, 7 March, 2011 at 11:25
  • charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about that particular dress but my bridesmaids tried on this one https://www.bhs.com/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/657219/226867 and two of them had to have a size bigger as there was no 'give' in the dress. My third bridesmaid is stick thin so she had no problem. x

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

My BM tried the long dresses on in BHS and they were very tight around her bum- despite the fact that she's small! She tried a 12 and the bust was huge but bum fitted! Guess it depends on body shape but would try them on first if you can. They are quite nice dresses otherwise!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are wearing the Evie dress (in the raspberry colour). So far only one sister has tried it, but she loved it. I would say the sizing in this style runs true to size. They have an inbuilt bra/shelf which I was impressed with. They are also quite long which I was pleased with as one of my sisters is very tall.

• victoriamarie
    Beginner July 2011
    victoriamarie ·
    • Hide content

I bought the anna dresses online for my bridesmaids and ended up sending them back, 2 of my girls are size 8-10 and even the 10 wouldn't zip up as it was so small. Am not sure if this is the same for all of their ranges so it would be best if they tried them on in store first.

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kiki21 ·
    • Hide content

I think these dresses look great, i have been looking at them for my BMs, havent tried them though. at least if you order them and they dont fit you can return them, thats what i will be doing as my BMs dont know they are my BMs yet, i wanted to surprise them ?

• C
    Beginner September 2011
    clairewill ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your replies and all the info, very helpful ? Won't bother ordering down a size at all then! These are online exclusive but we might go and have a look in BHS when we're next in town anyway.

One bridemaid is 14/16 and the other is 16/18 both both a bit 'busty' so I'll order those 3 sizes. The free delivery/returns is great! Both quite tall too so glad to know they are quite long and with the inbuilt bust support.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics