Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

Bicester Village

(Claire), 15 of November of 2012 at 12:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 24

I'm thinking of suggesting this to H for a spot of Christmas shopping, I've never been so just wondered what it was like. I don't have hundreds of pounds to spend but I'm hoping I can grab some bargains and maybe lunch and what not. Thoughts please.

24 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 15 of November of 2012 at 22:37
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

When i went a couple years ago i thought it was 'ok'...didnt have alot fo the shops id want for christmas shopping IYGWIM?

it may well have changed now....

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

It depends what you are looking to buy.

They have a Superdry shop, Cath Kidson, Le Creuset and some other places that are cheaper that you can get some decent bargains from but a lot of the shops are still pretty high end and the stuff is still quite a bit, like Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Dior etc.

I find Bicester to be very hit and miss, you either spend a fortune or you find nothing to buy at all !

As for lunch the restaurants within the actual shops are pretty limited, more cafes than a nice sit down lunch, think they have a Pret and some similar outlets.

I have heard Cheshire Oaks is a lot better but am I right in thinking you are based in London ? In which case it might be a bit far away !

ETA - Sorry, you are in the Midlands, so Cheshire Oaks may not be that bad for you distance wise ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Yep, alright for a few hours and lunch (although I'd probably move on to Oxford for lunch). I haven't been for ages but it used to be very good for bargains. I picked up a Nicole Fahri jumper for about £30.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is true!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I think outlets never have anything . We have gunwharf quays quas here and it's all a bit hit and miss I reckon.b

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the Midlands so Chesire Oaks is easy! Thanks Hitchers I think I might have changed my mind Smiley smile

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I bought my wedding dress in the Monsoon outlet at Bicester, but I am told that has closed now.

I used to like it much better before it got terribly "designery". Not really my thing now, but that is a personal cabbage.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah this does put me off actually.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would choose Cheshire Oaks over Bicester Village. Lunch isn't exactly a posh affair - food court pizza or sandwiches are the order of the day. However, Cheshire Oaks is in the middle of a much larger retail and entertainment complex. If I recall correctly, the entertainment bit has the standard Nando's/Frankie and Benny's etc. so it might be worth popping over there.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Footlong.

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    robinsr ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I live very close to Bicester Village - just wanted to echo others – it can be hit and miss so really depends what you’re looking for.

Monsoon has gone now as well as a few others to make way for more high-end places to fit in with mulberry, dior etc.

For lunch they only really have cafes – pret and starbucks, fine if you just want a sarnie but not much else.

If you do get there early! You’re probably ok for the first hour after it opens but after that it’s a nightmare for parking, especially at this time of year.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

They do have a Carluccio's there.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I went to Bicester to look for bridesmaid dresses and bought nothing... They had some nice bits but it's not somewhere I'd recommend for Christmas shopping. Never been to Cheshire Oaks but heard amazing things about it!

Slight tangent - I always call it "B1tchter Willage" thanks to a Norwegian friend of mine pronouncing it this way because he just couldn't grasp the proper pronunciation!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I love it! they have other shops not just top designer ones, French connection, Karen millen, Reiss, All saints, Ted baker..I shop in these shops anyway, they have Villandry to eat, Carluccios and a Jamies Feasts stall too.

they have Villeroy and Boch and molton brown shops, both good for presents. Ralph Lauren kids is always a hit in our house, the babies this year have all got stuff from there!

I like it. Just my cabbage. We're off there in a couple of weeks and staying here -https://www.feathers.co.uk/

Which has ther largest gin bar in the country. Its worth noting, I have no money to shop, I'm simply going for the gin...

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

There is a wagamama and pizza express at Cheshire oaks for lunch. They tend to get pretty busy but you don't normally have to wait too long.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not surprised if you're staying at the Feathers!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

H chose it...theres a deal on where you get 3 course dinner and B+B for a set price..why is it posh?

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

As mentioned already, parking is a complete nightmare so try and avoid the weekend...if you can't, go early!!! If not, the queues will be backed up to the round about, it'll be like a chicane driving to the car park because people have ramped up on to the pavement and there will be jobs worth in lumi vests waving their arms about telling you to wait / move forward / stop...thank you, I know how to drive!!!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I like Bicester village for The White Company, Karen Millen, La Creuset amongst a few others. Unless you regularly shop in Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, McQueen etc.. you probably won't find it any use as it is still very expensive, (to me). When I get the train to London all of the Chinese label loving students cram the train laden with their designer shopping as they get an additional discount ?

The food choice isn't too great!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Cheshire Oaks is ace. Mummy VP loves the place.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been to both and much prefer Chesire Oaks.

• MrsFoz-2b
    Beginner April 2014
    MrsFoz-2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I work in Bicester so do quite often make a trip there after work. It has changed a lot down there but like many have said it has become quite designery (is that even a real word?) there are plenty of other places though there is a Cath Kidson, White Stuff, Jigsaw, UGG has a shop there now and there is a massive coast that has filled the old monsoon sight - lots of lovely party dress plus bridesmaids and the occassional wedding dress too! theres a few more jewellery stores and home stores now, they have just opened a Emma Bridgewater which I love and Molton Brown!

On the food side there is the normal cafes but there is a Carluccios, a Thai place and a french restaurant too.

Dont ever go on a weekend though! It is open until 9 now and is generally quiet in the evenings.

Happy christmas shopping where ever you end up!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I want to go to Bicester for one reason... Emma Bridgewater!!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did actually think about you BB when I went in the Emma B shop.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics