Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Big b00bs and strapless wedding dress?

mummymrs2b, 12 of February of 2012 at 18:06 Posted on Planning 0 14

Anyone else got bigger b00bs and got a strapless wedding dress? I've only just thought about it as I've chose my dress but the one I tried didn't fasten up properly and now thinking about it holding me when it does fit! I can never find a strapless bra that works so never done a strapless top before! My dress has a corset thing that fastens inside then zip and buttons... Help!! X

14 replies

Latest activity by sarahb3426, 13 of February of 2012 at 20:55
  • xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I'm 'blessed up top' lol and have a strapless dress!

I'm the same as you, find that strapless bras are not much cop! My dress is a lace up corset back though so pulls in tight and holds me in place! I do have a strapless basque to wear underneath as well but more for show for h2b later and the dress will do most of the supportive work, lady in the shop said I wouldn't need underwear if I didn't want it!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Shouldn't be a problem if the boning is solid in the inner corset. The only underwear I've found that actually has good boning is this: http://www.amplebosom.com/elila-lace-strapless-longline-p229.php

I have it in 36H and I'm usually a 34HH, but it really pulls you in tight. It would only really work with a natural waist dress, though.

Sorry, I realize this wasn't about underwear, but in case you wanted strapless- for bigger busts the only strapless bras that can offer real support are long line bras! And don't worry about the dress, I'm sure it will look stunning- once it's made to fit your body, people will be left in awe of your well-endowed chest Smiley smile

• nicolagrimshawmitchell
    nicolagrimshawmitchell ·
    • Hide content

Here's my two-penneth worth, if you havent yet chosen your dress then either dont go for strapless or if you're dead set on strapless go for one with amazingly fabulous corsetry underneath - you want to be held REALLY snugly - if youre big up top then nothing looks worse than an ill-fitting strapless dress with a strapless bra poking out the top and sides - which it will do if you're dress doesnt fit really tightly - believe me, I have seen this LOADS of times at weddings and its not a good look!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I wore a strapless dress and I loved not having to wear a bra, I'm was a 32/34 E/F then. I was more than secure in there as the boning was great.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 32G and I have never had a comfortable staples bra that did the job. My dress is a staples mermaid style though, it was bought online and made abroad. Fits like a glove up top and no bra required. I think with the right fit you'll be fine Smiley smile

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Already ordered the dress, didn't think about bra and bigger chest 36 g until now! Doh! The dress didn't fasten up and still had my bra on. I'm going in to try it on tommorow as the MIL wants to see it. So will see what the corset bit feels like then, but the dress is 2 sizes too small, so hard work to tell! Might have to ask them and maybe look into something underneath to hold me! X

• L
    Beginner May 2012
    lotte_ ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 30J and got a really supportive strapless bra from Bravissimo. I have never had a secure feeling strapless bra before but this one is great. Definitely work going for a fitting. The one I got is molded so is much stiffer than a normal bra, it's a proper price of engineering!

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Off to google bravissimo! X

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

I am the same, I am 32HH/J and have gone for a strapless dress, but am not 100% with it being strapless and have asked for straps to be added to it so that I can wear a fully supportive bra underneath. I have never had a well fitting strapless bra thats worked before for me. My dress does have boning in it, and I have tried my dress without my bra on and it looked much much worse (for me anyway) and there is noway I want to go strapless.

So i am hoping to find a good support bra to wear with my dress, I just need to know what type of bra to wear, i.e. balconette?! My dress has a sweetheart line to it, is a mermaid style dress but will have straps added. x

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to show mil tommorow so may ask if I can try with and without just to see although may be better to wait till mine comes in as the one in the shop doesn't fasten properly so won't get the right idea, just wanting everything organised. Sarah b - balconette may be a good fit with a sweetheart. Maybe ask the bridal shop. Who did you ask to add straps? Was it the shop or a dressmaker/seamstress? I might see how I get on with it but might be an option to put straps on mine, maybe me feel safer! X

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun,

Im a 36f and ive got a strapless dress, its a lace up back and my boobies do not move at all in it, it's great. x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

34F here - strapless, zip up dress. Boobs don't move at all. No bra either.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

My dress lady all but refused to sell me a strapless dress due to my big boobs ? I'm sure she would have done if I'd have really wanted one, but at the end of the day, she's the expert so I listened to her and definitely found 'the one'.

That said, I'm a biiiiiiiig fan of corsets (see avatar!) and so would have gone strapless if it was a properly corseted top.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya,

Yeah I defo think I will feel safer and more secure with straps to my bra, I asked at the wedding shop where I bought my dress and they have ordered in extra material (same as my dress is made from) and the streamstress who will do alterations on my dress (like length etc) will add the straps, am just waiting actually to hear from the wedding shops of when I need to go in to see the lady, I've said I want the straps to be added so that they look like they are part of the dress and not just chucked on x

Good idea about asking the shop lady about what type of bra, I just thought a Balconette may be good as they offer uplift dont they?! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics