Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner May 2015

Big Balloons, Big Balloons........

nixy3, 12 of June of 2014 at 20:22 Posted on Planning 0 10

(try not to sing the Peppa Pig song whilst reading that!)

I love the big bubblegum balloons, but at £30ish a go, they are way out of our budget. Has anyone used the DIY ones from Hobbycraft or has anywhere else that they could point me in the direction of?

Tia x

10 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 13 of June of 2014 at 13:36
  • T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

Really interested if anyone comes up with any suggestions as I am looking for the same thing. Would be a hell of a lot easier to get them delivered to the venue ready rather than DIY. Have done some googling and if I have to get my own balloons and helium will go for a balloon only shop (rather than ebay etc)to hopefully get the best quality.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Big balloooooons, big ballooooooons.......now I have that in my head! How old is yours?

One of my brides got them off ebay and bought the helium. Is that an option? Just don't fill them all with the helium. Half air first.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

These are £4 each and are nearly a meter wide.

http://www.balloons.co.uk/shop/latex-balloons-82/giant-latex-balloons-16-to-72-inch-227/30-36-latex-balloons-2172/30-and-36-plain-balloons-2173/

You can buy a helium canister for about £40.

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine are 4 & 8, it's a really annoying song lol!

I'm willing to try anything, we have time to get a few and give it a go, don't want to be trying to sort on the eve of our wedding lol! Will have a look on ebay, thank you x

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, they look fab, and lots of pretty colours aswell - will check them out and see what we can do, thank you x

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from hobby craft. Just going to take them in to the shop the day before and ask them to fill them with helium. Buying thin ribbon to attach to them .

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

I don't have anything productive to say re the balloons but thanks for getting that song in my head on my day at work away for my almost 2 year old who is obsessed with Peppa Pig Smiley winking lol

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I think if you do them yourself with helium they are likely to go flat overnight so you'd need to do them as close to start of wedding as possible. If they are done by a shop then they use an extra spray thing (techinical term!) which gives them more life.

Would there be an option to air fill them then hand them downwards from a roof?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

You can buy something called hifloat. Rub this inside the balloons the night before and they will stay up. Trouble would be transporting them so best to do it at the venue.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is it wrong that I actually thought of Katy Perry's 'Birthday'? "It's time to bring out the big balloons"...and I'm pretty sure she doesn't literally mean balloons Smiley smile

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Go for the Qualitex ones and Balloons.co.uk are good for those. Also, the liquid that seals them kept the balloons going strong for two days until we had to pop them. There was no sign of them deflating either.

The problem is the Helium. I went and opened an account with BOC just to get enough gas. The disposables you can use I guess but one disposable = 3 balloons.

The V shaped canisters (£120) from BOC do 12 before running out. So look at £20 a balloon all told.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics