Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner April 2017

Big boobs and no bra...wedding dress dilemma!

HappyGoldDiamonds603, 18 of July of 2016 at 20:23 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi All, hoping someone has some experience that can help...

I found a dress that I love. It's got straps but is very low at the back. It has a corset in the front but not at the back. I have big boobs - I'm a 36G at the moment but am going to be thinner when I get married next spring so they should be smaller. The smallest they've ever been (since being an adult) is a DD so they're never going to be tiny. And there's the chance that they may not shrink!

the ladies in the wedding dress shop say that I won't need a bra, and that the dress will provide enough support. But the one they have in store is too small - it goes on - but only just - probably need two sizes bigger..! So I have no way of checking to see if they're right!

I've found a some low back bras/bustiers online but think the dress might be too low at the back even for that...!

So, anyone have any experience? Think it'll be alright or should I be looking for another dress?!

Thanks!! x

8 replies

Latest activity by Jessyka1990, 21 of July of 2016 at 07:49
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's hard to say. Have you tried the Sonsie by Veromia range of dresses? They are designed for curvy brides and have all the "scaffolding" you need!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Have you ever thought about a low back bodysuit with underwire and cups? I looked at them in Debenhams - think Ultimo have a good range.

How about some of those stick on ones? Although not sure you'll get a lot of support from that.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 32GG and find my dress provides more than enough support however it is a corset back...

I find Bravissimo is the best for busty girls - maybe pop in there and see if they can recommend anything x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Depending n whether the dress is boned and shaped it may offer quite a bit of support and I know ladies who have had the seamstress sew cups in the dress in the past threads on this subject.

• H
    Beginner April 2017
    HappyGoldDiamonds603 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all...I fear that the dress for the low back is not for me...not sure a corset only at the front will be enough!!

Going to go back next week and re-assess!

x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Maybe someone else has the dress in a bigger size so you can get a better idea.

• U
    Beginner August 2016
    u_21@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Can they not add cups into the dress? I was given this option but it made my boobs look big which I dint want. I'm just going for no bra! I feel supported enough.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LizzieBennet ·
    • Hide content

My boobs aren't big enough to have any problems but in general is say all the dresses I've tried were very well supported.

My my mum sees a lot and I echo the idea about cups if needed. She's also previously seen a bra into a dress to hold it all together.

Does es the store recommend a seamstress? Mine was amazing and so knowledgable. They really do know their stuff and am sure she'd be happy to advise you?

• Jessyka1990
    Beginner June 2016
    Jessyka1990 ·
    • Hide content

I had a similar issue was so worried i wouldnt be supported but the dress held me so well, they looked great aswell not too squashed or made to look too big.

And it felt quite freeing not to have anything there. Never mind the fact underwear sbopping also became instantly easier.

I think you will be absolutely fine, but only you know yourself x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics