Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Curlylocks83
Beginner

Big church, small wedding party?

Curlylocks83, 12 October, 2010 at 22:07 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hey everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether it would be ridiculous to have 40-50 guests in a church that could fit about 250 at least! We really like our local church, but are worried about whether our small party of guests would lost amongst lots of empty seats. On the other hand, there is a small church quite near to us which probably would hold no more than about 80 people max but the grounds are not as pretty, there's not really any parking for guests and the wheely bins by the entrance wouldn't make for great photographs! Any thoughts anyone? Am I worrying about the wrong things?

2 replies

Latest activity by Fcerrino, 12 October, 2010 at 22:50
  • C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm in a similar situation, my church could seat up to 400, but I'm only having 80 guests. I'm still going to get married there as I went to the adjoining primary school, I've been going there all my life, and it would feel wrong to get married anywhere else, even though they have a sister church on the other side of town.

I decided not to worry about the size as whats important is that I am getting married to my H2B in my church with all of the people we love there.

People will seat themselves at the front and we will focus all of our flowers to the front of the church so I am sure it will be absolutely fine, not many people could be able to fill a church with 250 guests!

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

If you want to get married in your local church it doesnt matter if it might look massive. Its your day! Smiley smile x

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

We are getting hitched in the massive church, the main one in town, as my H2B has connections and previously worked there... its seats like 1000! 100 of which will be people we have invited. However you can open the doors to the whole congregation! As you are a local girl, why not let all the church regulars come down to fill it up abit, and everyone loves a good wedding! thats what we are doing...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics