Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2012

Big difference in prices for venues between September, October and November?

Meggiemoo1981, 2 September, 2011 at 09:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have only just started looking at venues but was wondering, in your experience, is there a significant difference in prices for venues etc between September, October and November? I know every venue will be different but how significant? We're trying to decide on a date/month and wondering whether, if we wait a month, the cost will drop a lot.

Thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by Meggiemoo1981, 2 September, 2011 at 13:42
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Depends on the venue, most will have a peak season (ours was April to September).

We saved £4,000 by getting married in March.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

We saved loads by having our wedding on 1st October. We wanted that date anyway but if we had it the day before, whilst still in September it would have been loads more!

Normally peak is May - September. x

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

Although our venue did not advertise a difference in prices. When we said the date we wanted (29th October) they said that would mean the minimum numbers requirement would be wavered. Good for us as their usual minimum numbers were 80 and we only wanted 50 who would be there day and evening. At approx £40 per head for the meal alone this saved us a minimum of £1200 by not having to have a certain number.

Also, when we then actually booked they gave us 20% off our booking saving us over £1500 (which is a lot when it is such a small wedding).

So, what I am trying to say is, although savings may not be advertised for 'out of season' weddings as such, with a bit of discussion you may find you can save £1000's anyway once they know your date.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

As the others have said, September is normally classed as peak time so you either pay more or have to meet minimum numbers (which still means you pay more!).

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We are having a March wedding and most places were considerably cheaper for October/November - March (Not including Xmas).

As it turns out, the venue we have gone for offers no such savings but it is an odd venue - only does 12 weddings a year.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Our venue pricing doesn't change month to month, there is no peak or off peak, but Saturday is more expensive.

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    TracieGtobe ·
    • Hide content

The venue we decided on has a set price which doesnt change depending on month but the original venue we were looking at the price was £500 cheaper.

Our photographer also offers 10% discount between the months of October-March

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

Our venues peak times is april-september so we chose october. I just couldnt justify the additional costs to have it at peak times when you cant guarentee the weather anyway. I think the August we've just had proves that! Also, at our venue what day you have it on also makes a difference. Wekkends tend to be more expensive too.

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of October anyway so that's great!! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics