Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Barnett2015
Beginner April 2015

Big footed ladies - wedding shoes?

Barnett2015, 7 of July of 2014 at 12:22 Posted on Planning 0 15

As suggested in the title, i have big feet! I wear an 8 or a 9 to be exact but often find size 8's in high street shops tend to be a bit tight so i need a 9.

Where have you got your shoes from? I am 5"11 and don't want heels, just some pretty flats but it's pretty hard going finding some which aren't orthopedic looking and don't have heels on!

15 replies

Latest activity by Leanne, 15 of November of 2022 at 12:13
  • A
    Beginner October 2015
    Abedfullofbears ·
    • Hide content

Barnett - are you sure you're not me? I'm 5'11 too, and an 8/9..... I've had some excellent ballet pumps in 9's from New Look in the past, you need to order them online but they'll deliver them to store... I'll be watching this thread with interest though! Also, try Nine West....

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Brantano and Tesco do size nines too

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

If you can find a big Primark they have size 9's too. The Tottenham Court Road one had some lovely silver sandals and pumps in a 9.

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what your budget is for shoes but I have just come across these beauties from Rainbow Club! They go right up to a 10 and look lovely! xx

https://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/wedding-shoes

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm just under 6ft and shoe size 8 and I got mine from Debenhams. I have wide feet and usually struggle but their Debut range had some pretty ivory flats and they were only £17.50 in the sale (normal price £25).

Also Next to wide fit, can't remember if they go up to a 9 or not though. And as someone else suggested, New Look do larger sizes and also wide fit.

Good luck!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

They are not specific 'wedding' shoes but pleaser make some cool shoes and go to larger sizes (im a size 7/8 due to having one wider foot due to a bad break and I have some lovely shoes from here) most are heeled though

some pleaser shoes from google image search:

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

I'm just short of 6ft and have size 8 (9 depending on shop) hooves. I actually bought my wedding shoes from Rachel Simpson and the sizing is true, not to mention blummin' comfortable. Although most do have a heel, a lot of them are only small. Thing is the High St has changed their sizing & try to blind you with science - a size 8 used to be Euro42, but now most shops pass an 8 off as Euro 41/7, hence the tight fit. I've found Next, Nine West and New Look pretty good though. Something to watch out for though, ladies.

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

Primark is definitely a good shout! I don't want to spend lots on my shoes so i might just get some cheap pale pumps as noone will see them anyway!

Thanks for all your help!!

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

Those rainbow club ones are PERFECT! and in a 9...*sigh* will check my spreadsheet when i get home to see how much i allocated for shoes. I would wear them again for sure so cost per wear would be low.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

One of my BM's is very tall so is wearing flats. She doesn't want to tower over me and the other BM's. Try Amazon and search for Dessy Flat Shoes. She has got some from there , really good value and cheaper than the actual Dessy website. There are different styles and come in lots of different colours too.

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I'm just over 5'10 and a size 8 shoe. I got some lovely ivory flats from BHS. My H2B is decorating them for me to make them more special for the day. Very comfy they are too.

x

• G
    Beginner March 2015
    gembluetopaz ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am the same 6ft 1 with size 9 wide feet, I ordered mine only I actually got 2 pairs one with a kitten heel from Missydress, I paid £35 each.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.girlsofelegance.co.uk/products/Matilda-SALE-Ivory-Wide-Fitting-Wedding-Shoes-by-Rainbow-Club.html

I had these when I got married and I am a size 10 and nearly 6ft.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly what you mean, I'm a size 8 and 5 ft 9 so getting shoes was a nightmare!

I got these:

http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/product/wedding-1020484/shoes-1020516/ivory-wedding-collection-satin-flat-ballerina-pumps-with-diamante-trim-2976740?bi=1&ps=40

xxxx

• Geogina
    West Midlands
    Geogina ·
    • Hide content

I think court shoes could be the best option

• Leanne
    Curious September 2022 Essex
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Mine were Lace and Favour and they were so so comfy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics