Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Big name and shame-Suits you hire service

20 August, 2010 at 20:42 Posted on Planning 0 8

Here goes.

I'm absolutley incandescent with rage. We went to Suits you in Basingstoke to pick OH suit. The hire was arranged in Gretna in April. The first of April. I should have known.....

He went to try the suit on, and the trousers were the wrong size. OK, I thought, not the end of the earth. They'll send some more in the proper size. The size we ordered. In April.

Anyhoo, the guy look on the computer, and it said no. 'What do you mean, no' I enquired? He said that there were none that size available. I said that 34x34 wasn't that unusual a size, so try 34 x 33. None of those either. I informed him, as politley as was possible that he had better sort something out or 'there will be a scene the likes of which you will never have seen'. OH was giggling in the fitting room. It takes a while for me to lose my rag, but when I do, I do it properly. He said he'd ring round the other shops this morning to try to find a pair. I asked how that would help, as the hire things are sent from a central depot. His reply (and I think he was genuinley trying to be helpful)was that the hire service is so cr*p that if the wrong item is delivered, the shop hangs onto it, as they can use it to make right a future wrong order. I asked if orders were often wrong, and he said all the time. The pickers, if there isn't the right items to fulfil an order, send replacement items. Like the 32 x 30 trousers they sent us. The guy said that they have sent suits that don't match, just so they can get the order out. I thought that I had provided contact detials so they could get i touch with me!!!

As things stand, I rang the hire shop in Gretna, as I had no confidence that the guy we saw last night would call me today, which if course, he hasn't bothered his ar*e to do. We have a pair of 34 x 32 trousers going directly there from Cardiff that I will have to let down the day before the wedding. In a fu***ng hotel room. The day before my fuc***g wedding. Apologies for the language.I have no confidence that they're going to be there.

I'm on the gin, and I ain't happy.

I understand that mistakes happen, and that's cool. What I can't accept is that we can place an order in April, and not be able to have what we ordered. It seems like a complete shambles, and I wouldn't want anyone else to have the day I've had, and still not to have it sorted.

x

8 replies

Latest activity by cola, 21 August, 2010 at 19:30
  • tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Ah no that is awful. I will be running to our hire shop tom morning and going through exactly what we want and a promise that it will all be there. I too would have hit the roof. Can i suggest a quick letter to both shop managers and a cc to the company's director - i have found that just by corying them in the fear factor from teh managers means my prob is sorted very quickly!!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Shocking service. And shocking that it obviously happens so often.

I doubt it will make you feel any better but it might put a little smile on your face - my 13 year old nephew needed 28" leg trousers which were checked when I picked them up. Perfect. Until he tried them on and they only reached his knees... ?

Turns out they'd been altered by a previous store and no one had bothered to put a marker on it explaining this. The so called 28" trousers were actually 21"!

(The story gets less funny from there on in with my brother chasing round the day before and him not actually having trousers until 4pm the day before. These then split down the seam when the poor sod sat down on the day too so I'm not sure Moss Bros are a heck of a lot better!)

Hope you get it all sorted. ?

• Nolan2B
    Beginner April 2011
    Nolan2B ·
    • Hide content

To be honest I'm not surprised we went in to have a nosey & the stuff they had there to try on was shocking!! It was tatty & dirty & certainly not setting a good impression! We are using an independent buy we met at a wedding fayre because at least he holds all the stuff instore you;re not relying on it coming in from elsewhere iykwim? I am very sorry they have cocked up something so important for you hun I hope they do come through for you xx

• C
    candyzhang ·
    • Hide content

Oh, i am sorry to hear that. Omg, You order it in April, and until now you can not get what you want. I think if it is out of stock, they should tell you in advance. They are not honest.

And it is unacceptable for me that they send the replacement which doesn't match your order.

• P
    Beginner
    Prom ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am new here but you are providing good services for every one.?

homecoming-dress

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

I ahve personal experience with Youngs (suits you etc.) and Moss Bros. I have worked for both and to be honest your stories are not a new thing. This has always happened with both companines. I thought that Youngs had sorted all this out. I worked very hard with them a few years ago and it seemed to ahve helped. But since SRG had their new owners and the problems with paying their rents last year, it seems things have gone back to the 'bad old days'. I was very surprised when I read these reviews last week: https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews58722.html

As you can see most of these really bad reviews are from recently. I can only assume the wheels are coming off at the moment. In which case their was no way you could have predicted this could happen.

I do feel for you and if there is ever anyone who has a problem with any suit hire issue and it seems it will not get resolved, send me an email and i will try my best to help you out.

Thanks

Marc

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

God, that's awful!! Hope you get it sorted!

So often with weddings everyone thinks only of the bride and bridesmaids and forgets about the fact that the groom's attire is just as important?? Suit hire places seem to not comprehend how important that is!

I am starting to panic as I don't know many suit hire places in Leeds and we'll need to hire suits for my OH, his BM, one usher and OH's dad. Also, for my male best friend who's giving me away and who lives abroad so will just send me his measurements!! We found one at the Wedding Fayre at Harewood House back in spring and that's the only one we have in mind so far as not only they're nearby in Harrogate but they're also quite reasonably-priced.

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

OMG this has really pissed me off!!! what arses!!! well you should have a contract and they should deliver exactly what you ordered, i'd be kicking off and take it higher, i can't believe that this is usual practice, its no fecking excuse! ....i'm going to check with our suit hirer (Moss Bros) now just to make sure they don't turn up with the wrong order!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics