Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2021 Aberdeen & Deeside

Big Wedding October 2021

James, 12 of February of 2021 at 00:17 Posted on Planning 1 4
Hi there,

Just signed up to this now, just wanted to speak to get some opinions from other people looking to have a relatively big wedding this year. We are getting married October 17th 2021. We are hoping to have a wedding without restrictions with about 80 people in an indoor location. Am I being overly optimistic thinking this is possible this year? Do I need to accept the fact that for the rest of this year this won’t be possible? Would be great to hear anyone’s opinions on this. Nothing has really been mentioned about large weddings later this year, The uncertainty everyday is constantly on my mind. Wouldn’t mind postponing for a year but it’s the not knowing that is getting to me.
Would appreciate knowing the thoughts of anyone on this.
Thanks
James

4 replies

Latest activity by Kept, 12 of February of 2021 at 15:34
  • Andrea
    Beginner July 2021 Merseyside
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content
    Hey
    Me and my hubby to be get married in 10th July this year and I’m still trying to stay positive ... realising it’s 147 days away is scary though because we still have a lot to do! My partner just wants to keep the date no matter what but we need a bit more clarification on how many people your allowed etc. Have you spoken to your venue to see if they can give you a bit of advice?

Our venue holds 200 ... we were hoping 100 day time and 160 night but that’s not looking hopeful I’m just hoping Boris give us some sort of idea on the 22nd when this road map stuff comes out. Worst case we have said get married with the number of people we are allowed in a Registry office and a mealAfter.. and maybe then keep our venue and try have the party next April x
  • H
    Curious October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly ·
    • Hide content

Hi James

We're getting married on Sat 16 October 2021! I swing from day to day thinking if there will still be restrictions or not. We are currently planning for both no restrictions and if there are still restrictions, which has helped calm my anxiety as at least I have a plan in mind!

We've decided to have a small and intimate wedding ceremony & daytime reception of 30-40 guests either way so that if there are any restrictions remaining we should squeeze into them. If there aren't any restrictions we're then inviting an extra 70-90 guests for the eve reception/big ole party!

If there are restrictions we'll continue the day with 30 guests in whatever way we can.

Knowing that we have our 30 guests either way has made it so much nicer knowing that our wedding *should* go ahead, and in my mind, I can picture what the day would look like with restrictions (and I'm happy with that!) It's made us excited for the day even if it's not the Plan A.

Our venue was booked on the basis of 120 guests for the full day so it's rather large, but we're using decor to section off the barn for different areas of the day so if we're 30 it won't feel too empty!

• J
    Beginner October 2021 Aberdeen & Deeside
    James ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really appreciate all the comments back on this. Nice to hear from people in a similar position who can relate. Fingers crossed we are all going to be okay, I think the mainstream media really doesn’t help with this feeling of anxiety about it all. Feels like constant doom and gloom is all you hear. We have booked most big things such as the venue, photographer, band, videographer etc. Will contact them to get their thoughts also.

Thanks again ?
  • Kept
    Savvy November 2020 Devon
    Kept ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tell me about it! I stopped watching the news as it's always changing. You just don't know what to believe at the moment. It's all 'hearsay' until Boris makes his announcement.

Wishing you the best of luck with it all.

With Love,

Laura x

Kept Weddings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics