Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NorthumberlandBride

bingo wings

NorthumberlandBride, 25 October, 2011 at 23:13 Posted on Planning 0 10

Okasy so i have a wehile before the wedding so im on my WW diet (2.5 off last week woo yay) and im going to get back into going to the gym, but does anyone know how to get rid of bingo wings? i dfont want to look like im flying to the wedding!

10 replies

Latest activity by NorthumberlandBride, 26 October, 2011 at 19:27
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I've just started this week working on my arms using a large can of soup in each hand, feet apart and slowly raise arms up to shoulder level 30 times. It's certainly pulling on something! I'll let you know if it makes any difference in a couple of weeks.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Defo do the can in each hand thing pull up from front and also from the side it will work both muscles for an all round bingowingless arm lol x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

tricep dips are the best way! Once you're comfortable doing them with both feet on the floor, raise alternative legs for a count of 10. Keep your back straight and bum close to the chair/side of bed.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

As Cricket said, tricep exercises are the way to go. be careful with the cans as i did that and now have decent biceps but still got the bingo wings underneath!! didn't get the whole 'have to work a different set of muscles' bit!!

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Well done on the 2.5lbs loss!

Agree with Cricket and Vister, tricep dips are the way to go. Once you get used to doing them, you'll be doing them all over the show! I think using a chair, low table, stairs or a hard surface to grip would be better than a bed though (IMO).

Good luck with the WW though Northumberlandbride! How are you fiding the new WW pointing system out of interest?

x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I use our metal bed frame as it's the right height and clearance around the mattress on the days I don't get to the gym.

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well it took some getting used to.

the first ti me i went i lost 3 stone, the time after that 4 stone. (but i put a good 3 back on through my love of chips lol)

the new one is different but seems more balanced. It means i dont have to count my fruit (i use banana instead of sugar on my weatabix in the morning) im getting used to it but it seemed very hard to forget everything i heard before. I cant believe an onion bagel is 6 points! and pasta is higher too!

its hard today because i did night shift last night and used my points for my dinner at 3am and now i need an evenin g meal too... so maybe ill just have to go into my weekly points.

Im tending not to eat my weekly points because i cant see how it wont make me gain :s

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Well, I haven't an ounce of fat or wobble on my arms at ALL at the moment (shame about the rest of me!!) which is undoubtedly down to spending the last fortnight on crutches, so I would say any exercise that mimics pushing down to lift your whole bodyweight into the air!

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

so... i need to throw myself down the stairs? BRILLIANT lol haha

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

What CB said, tricep dips all the way. The bottom stair is the right height for me. If you don't have the space, do overhead extensions. Take your beans cans (or whatever) and lift your arms up over your head so your palms are facing inwards and the cans are touching. Bend your arms behind your head, so the cans nearly touch the back of your neck. Straighten your arms again, although not to lock out. Repeat until you go wobbly.

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

I can do the cans thing with weights at the gym (last time my personal trainer reccomended only once every 2 days for any weight exercises)

ooh is rowing machine good for bingo wings??

i like the cross trainer Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics