Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

skyrocket
Beginner July 2012

Bio Sculpture - is this how it's meant to be? :(

skyrocket, 23 of December of 2011 at 20:55 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

I had Shellac 3 weeks ago at a salon near me. It chipped and peeled within 2 days so a week after I had it done I went somewhere else and had Bio Sculpture instead.

I loved it and it looked great.

Just went tonight for my rebalance and the girl that did it filed (with like a sandpaper file) my nails all over and round the edges of my nail including my cuticles and skin and cut me in several places round my nail and my skin is soooo sore. She was so rough with it. When it came to near where she put the top coat on I pointed out a white jaggedy line on the nails and she said 'Oh thats where I didn't file it down properly, you probably won't see that line when I put the top coat on though!' ? I sat there in shock while she painted the top coat over dusty gritty nails, paid and left. She looked bored senseless throughout and I was the last client of the day and boy could I tell!

My hands are so sore now and my little fingernail is still bleeding at the cuticle. I can't find my Solaroil to heal and soothe my skin so am using Almond oil. I took off the top coat myself when I got in and redid it and they are now smooth at least although I can see the white line clearly.

I'm not very good with face to face confrontation and am kicking myself because they weren't cheap and on either side of me were two ladies having beautiful nails created by diligent and careful, attentive manicurists and trust me to get the bored sloppy, rush-job charlie who even admitted she had done a crap job.

I'm clearly never going back there but for those who have Bio Sculpture nails is that what rebalance is usually like?? The filing I mean. I'm so sore and red now. ☹️☹️

15 replies

Latest activity by waggamama, 26 of December of 2011 at 13:31
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

No! I had Biosculpture for wedding nails and a top up abroad - even in Singapore, they were fab! Bad salon, bad lady!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Nope - My Mum's nail lady made her bleed on 4 fingers last week, shoddy job!

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

So it isn't normal then ? I love the look of the nails but I wouldn't have thought people would put themselves through so much pain every 3 weeks for it. Even after she made my first cuticle bleed she apologised but then carried on as aggressively as before!! I'm angry with myself for putting up with it but tbh I didn't know if it was supposed to be like that or not. I was my first Bio rebalance!

Does anyone know what a nail tech should do rather than filing like that?

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Biosculpture is a great product and will last longer than Shellac. I personally do not like Shellac but I know a lot of people do.

To do an infill, you do take the top coat off (which should be buffed) but you need to ensure you don't buff the skin/cuticle as this will cause pain and soreness. Then once buffed, you apply the product as usual over the top. Did she even wipe the nail clean before re-applying the colour? If not that is going to cause dust etc to have been mixed in with the colour - very poor show.

Personally I would pop back in and show the soreness in your cuticles etc, that should not happen.

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

My poor fingers are red raw today.

I just emailed the salon and told them exactly what I thought and to cancel any future appointments for me because I'm not going to let them brutalise me again.

The woman whose salon it is is quite bolshy so I have no doubt she would try and stick up for the girl rather than address the issues and I'm rubbish at confrontation thats why I emailed.

Also it gave me the chance to outlay everything that happened. Gemma she did wipe off the dust while she was doing it but towards the end with the top coat she couldn't be bothered and actually painted ontop of the dusty filings on the nail. Disgusting really. There was dust everywhere in her work station (presumably from previous clients) and she even shook out a cloth right by me while my nails were drying.

I will try and find someone else to redo them in a few weeks but my Christmas treat has turned sour for me.

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Is it somewhere you have been before? That is pretty bad hygeine if there was dust everywhere.

I'm not condoning the behaviour of the manager but it is difficult to comment without seeing the nails. Personally I would go back in and show her the issue so she knows how bad it is. Unfortunately some clients do "try it on" so I would also be a little hesitant until actually seeing the nails. However, if it had been me, I would have asked you to come in so I could see the problem and advise how to rectify.

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

I understand that clients might try it on but to be honest I wouldn't go back there even for a free redo. Can you imagine what the atmosphere would be like? My cuticles are still bright red but I've healed the bleeding now. Even seeing them up close wouldn't tell the story of how sore they are. I don't expect a reply from them anyway. I had them done there for the first time 2 weeks ago so thats the only time I've been. I have a herniated disc which I've been pretty much laid up for and had an appointment initially the week before I first had them done but was in so much pain I phoned and changed the appointment to the following Monday. One the day the original appointment should have been (the Thurs before) the receptionist phoned me as frostily pointed out I should be there as I had an appointment. I reminded her I had phoned on the Tuesday and changed it to the following Monday, sure enough she looks in the diary and there I am, booked in for Monday. She hadnt bothered to cancel the Thur appointment. She didn't bother apologising and was pretty rude on the phone. I should have cancelled then.

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate post

• lishdesigns
    Beginner February 2009
    lishdesigns ·
    • Hide content

My mum use to be trainer and distrubutor for Bio Sculpture for all of Northern Ireland (before she became a full-time granny!) and I can say with certainty that it should not be like this. I was trained by her too, and I hate to say it but it's down to the therapist. A product can get a really bad name because of a therapist, but genuinely it's an amazing gel. Pleas entry another salon or therapist to get infills done, and I'd prob phone the salon owner tOo to complain, otherwise there will be more clients that end up like you! :-( sorry you had to go through that!

• lishdesigns
    Beginner February 2009
    lishdesigns ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, just read your other posts and saw hat you already contacted salon - will be interesting to hear their reply!

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

I love the product! The first time she put it on 2 weeks ago, apart from the total disinterest in me, I was loving the look of my nails. I would and will definitely have it done again but not there. Can I ask should she have roughed up my actual nail though when she first put the first layer on? I hope she hasn't ruined my nails because i have very good nails normally.

Went to my mums tonight for Christmas (i"m French and we have our presents Christmas eve) and my thumb cuticle was bleeding on the way there and my mum was horrified by the bright redness of my cuticles. They really hurt at the moment.

I'm not really expecting any response from the salon. If I do hear it will be a load of defensiveness I expect but that would be a big failing from the manager if that happens because if it happened to me, it will be happening to others and they probably won't go back either.

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

• lishdesigns
    Beginner February 2009
    lishdesigns ·
    • Hide content

Gosh it does look sore!! When getting infills done, they need to file down the back of the gel (the bit that has grown out) so you don't get that ridge between 'old' gel and new gel, and sounds like she was very careless doing this, probably filing your own nail as well as cuticle. To be honest, it's not a skill that Is easy as you work on such a tiny area with a nail file, I have seen clients with little cuts in cuticle from filing, and it can happen easier if the clients cuticles are dry, but it sounds more like she didn't take any pride in her work! Shame really, and hope the bleeding stops soon! X

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

I definitely will. I love the look of my nails but don't want to go through that every few weeks so will find someone decent for when they need rebalancing/changing. It's a really busy salon I went to so I can't believe that people would put up with treatment like that but I suppose they must do.

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

What horrible service! I'd be livid; I'm terrible at confrontation too but sometimes I do find my voice if I'm livid enough and then I tell them exactly what I think! I end up getting a shaky voice as I do so though, lol!

I really hope you find a better nail technician that can make your poor little hands look lovely for the wedding, they really look sore and swollen!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics