Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

panda2011
Beginner September 2011

Bird cage table decorations

panda2011, 3 of December of 2010 at 10:25 Posted on Planning 0 17

I've seen a bird cage I really like & am wondering about having them as table decorations instead of candelabras which were my original idea. Only thing is, I'm not all together sure what to do with them! Has anyone got any bright ideas I could pilfer please? I love roses & was wondering if there was someway I could weave different shades of pink rose stems through it but that is about as inventive as I get lol! This is the bird cage I like ?

17 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 2 of November of 2012 at 11:50
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

These were my friends

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Like this:

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely Lisa. I really like the peach coloured rose petals on the table to match the roses in the bird cage.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie! I love the picture on the right at the bottom, pretty much exactly what I'm thinking of. Is that one of yours?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

No that one is one I found. Easy enough to do though. If you need any help with sourcing the flowers or putting it together just give me a shout.

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this one, every thing all matches beautifully. who did this one?

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Sherrie, I might just take you up on that. As a rough guide, how much do you think it'd cost per bird cage for that quantity of silk flowers? Do you think it'd be easier to achieve that effect with silk or real flowers? I'm a complete novice at anything like this but I want to try to keep costs down by doing as much of it as possible myself!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These were at my friend's wedding. Not sure whether she had a OTD or whether they did them the night before. The whole wedding was stunning, with fab attention to detail.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It would be cheaper to do it yourself using silk/artificial flowers. I can source them for you and help you to achieve the look you want at about £10- £15 per table depending on the flowers you use. If I can get the birdcages cheaper & the flowers ( which I buy wholesale) I could make them up for you & send them on. What area are you in?

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's really helpful, thanks Sherrie! I'm in High Wycombe at the moment (we were in Bath just round the corner from you until June!) but my parents are still in Cheltenham. I know my mum would very happily hop in her car to pick anything up from you as we're getting married near Cheltenham. The bird cages I've seen are £12 for 35cm high x 21cm square or the large one is £15 for 46cm high x 26cm square. My email is *****************@*****.**.**

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

We go up to Cheltenham quite a lot so could deliver for you (good excuse to go to Montpelier window shopping too!) I'll find some prices for you and let you know.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Montpelier is always good for shopping lol! Thanks alot for your help, really appreciated ?

• Sarah-Em
    Beginner September 2011
    Sarah-Em ·
    • Hide content

We're having bird cages as our table centre pieces, they'll have ivy wound around the outside (the flower pot inside will be covered up with our colour - sage green ribbon) and dotted all over with butterflies, the table will then be scattered with baby pink rose petals;

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Panda

I incorporated birdcages into my Regency themed wedding which was at The Pittville Pump Rooms in Cheltenham, third photo second row from bottom. http://www.finesseplanning.co.uk/#/regency-romance/4543935277 which were created by a fantastic florist, Jane from Flower Design, there are more pics on her blog http://flowerdesignstannes.blogspot.com/search/label/Venue%20Pittville%20Pump%20Rooms%20Cheltenham

I'm in Cheltenham, where and when are you getting married? Love your profile pic, sooooo cute!!!

Ruth

x

• L
    Beginner
    landy312 ·
    • Hide content

Attention! a Large Selection of Appealing Strapless wedding dress at the Most Competitive PriceGreat!! Sex-Kittens all Have a Crush on Wedding Headpieces Hey Cosmetologists! Keep Away from Evening Gowns ! How to Protect the Brilliance of Designer Flower Girl Dresses ?How to Keep like Katie Holmes in Mermaid Wedding Dresses What's Most Magnificent now?: One Shoulder Wedding Dresses Four Reasons for You to Design Dreaming White Gloves.Most-Wanted Discount Wedding Dresses , the Pieces that Makes all Sweetie Crazy!The Right time to Preserve, The Best Strapless wedding dress to EnjoySome Details to Keep Your Pluse Size Wedding Dresses.Wanna Break Out Your Getup For Summer Vacation? Try Wedding dresses with sleeves Gifts of Bridesmaid Dresses for Under $100Vanessa Hudgens drops some knowledge on You How to Cast of Wedding dress with sleeves Jennifer Garner Offer You How to Turn with Wedding Bridal Veils in 20 Minutes!

• H
    Beginner
    Heathert1509 ·
    • Hide content

Hello sheere I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you still do the artificial flowers for the birdcages Smiley smile

Or does anyone know where u can get them from xxx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi yes I do.

Feel free to contact me on *****@************.***

?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

My sister is having round birdcages with ivory candles inside. I think she is having them on mirrors. I think she might be having table diamonds also, but not sure!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics