Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Birdcage Veil...

Rod, 15 of November of 2010 at 21:03 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello everyone...Well I am off to order my dress next week (love love love it!) and have been thinking today about what to wear on my head.

My plan is to wear a flat tiara on the side with a birdcage veil for the day time. But all the veils ive seen come with a band or comb. If i have one of these it wont go under the tiara - and I dont want it attached because i want to take it off for the evening.

Has anyone got, or had a birdcage veil and if so did u buy it somewhere or make it yourself? I cant find anywhere to try one on either which is annoying cos i wanna see what it looks like one me....plus there are different materials they come in and i duno which is best...

ARGH!! Help! xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Katie V, 16 of November of 2010 at 17:32
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Pretty sure Katie Vale (a HIB) makes bird cage veils so might be worth dropping her a line https://www.katievaledesigns.com/

If you need any help with side tiaras, please give me a shout.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

If I can help at all just drop me an email at ******@**************.**.**. x

• Made by Lawrie
    Made by Lawrie ·
    • Hide content

I do a birdcage veil on a simple crocodile hair clip, so you could place that under your tiara. Or I could leave off the clip altogether so its flat and you could just pin it underneath?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Is it possible to make one that just clips in with kirby grips? Cos that would be perfect.

I have seen bandeau ones which look quite nice - i dont like the massive ones with the poofy bit at the top i like the quite small neat ones that only come to your cheekbones - maybe aysemetrical (sp) Im quite specific about what i want (or what i think i want, seeing as i havent tried any on) so maybe the only option is to make one. Can i buy the netting anywhere? Some of them look really plastic.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lisaloulou you have mail! x

• JessieE
    Beginner
    JessieE ·
    • Hide content

These are also great!

http://www.dream-veils.co.uk/14.html

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

You have mail back! x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure is this was meant for either myself, Lisa or Lawrie?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Anyone! I am thinking of making my own to be honest...

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lisa.

I do birdcage veils, as well as hair bands, combs & clips. Please feel free to email me for more information: ****@****************.*** I have lots of designs which aren't on my website yet.

Thanks

Katie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics