Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Birdcage Veil help...

Rod, 14 January, 2011 at 15:58 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hey people,

I’m planning on wearing a side tiara and a birdcage veil for the wedding, I tried it out a few times with a headband and some netting at home and think I could make my own quite easily, but I’m worried in case it looks obviously hand made and, being that im not the craftiest of souls, crap..lol

The reason I am making my own is that I want to be able to remove the veil and keep the tiara on for the evening, and I don’t like the bit poofey bits on veils you can buy…I want it fairly flat to my head, although not touching my face…I don’t want it to go over the back of my hair, just the front and I only want it to come to my nose.

Its hard to explain!! Lol

Do you think its do-able and has anyone done this or something similar that can give me some tips / flashes?

Thanks xxxx

8 replies

Latest activity by Katie V, 14 February, 2011 at 18:58
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I think that would be possible! Have you looked on youtube as they do some great tutorials on things like that?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I made a side tiara for a hitcher, Josiep, who attached a bird cage veil to it. The veil came from ebay and she just positioned it through the headband so it was detachable. I don't think it would be hard to make your own. I've nicked this from her Facebook page so I hope she doesn't mind.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I will have to look later (at work at themo!!)

Thanks! x

• catann
    Beginner October 2010
    catann ·
    • Hide content

Hi... here is mine... not got a tiara but a band.

I knew what I wanted in my mind but could not find any photos online. Most sites seem to have ones that cover your face.

I think it would be quite simple to make but compared to the cost of all the other things in the wedding its a very small price to pay.

I had it made. It was £60. Compared to most tiara's and veils it was quite cheap.

I loved it. It made the dress and it was so me.

Hope I have posted this Ok as its my very first post. I don't normally post but I am such a fan of the bird cage I thought I would give you a helping hand.

Good luck.

If you want any more pics I am more than happy to share.

xx

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

WOW! You look amazing...defo want one now!

xx

• catann
    Beginner October 2010
    catann ·
    • Hide content

Thanks.... I did have a last minute panic. I thought it would not look right with the dress.

I Also worried as its not your normal tiara and veil combo. I do love tiara's and veils but they where just not me. I even went shopping for a veil and tiara as a back up plan, I thought I would hate it when it was made. When I picked it up I loved it.

Its quite difficult to think of something you want in your head and telling someone your ideas.

I was the last of my gang of friends to get married. one of my really good friend said that I had nailed the ultimate wedding accessory with the birdcage. A great compliment!!!

Goodluck!!!!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Hello! This makes two of us! I have just received my side tiara and now am going to order some netting to see what can be done.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I like what Catann has done as I agree with the veil not covering the face (Catann you look great!).

I liked this too- the first one not second which is similar style to Catann's... I just googled birdcage veil...

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I made a detachable a floral fascinator on an alice band, with a detachable veil for an old Hitcher TahDah. She's on here, it's Robyn: https://www.katievaledesigns.com/HappyClients.html

I also have this design, which isn't on my website yet (excuse me as I'm wearing it), but it's a comb with large flowers on it, and has lots of veiling protruding from it, but doesn't have the veil coming all over the face.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Katie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics