Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bluemoongirly
Beginner October 2013

Birdcage veils.....Pronovias Urturi???

bluemoongirly, 18 January, 2013 at 15:24 Posted on Planning 0 9

Ok ladies, so I have ordered my dress, will try to flash (im not great at it so sorry if it is huge).

Its pronovias urturi, do I have any dress twins?

Everyone who has seen it has said that having a veil is too much because my neck and shoulders are covered anyway.

Now I have always wanted a veil (im not really sure why as I dont agree with them on a feminist level) but i wondered whether a birdcage would go with my dress as I would say my dress is quite 20's, yet birdcages were 50's?

9 replies

Latest activity by alyj66, 2 February, 2013 at 14:54
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Hmm I see what they mean as you are quite covered.

I would probably go for something like this....

but that doesn't really solve the veil problem. At any point would the cape be coming off for the reception to which then you could also put a bird cage on?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't. Not necessarily because I don't think they match in terms of era/style (although this would be my opinion) but because your dress has got a lot going on up top and a veil will pretty much make you look like you are completely shrouded.

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

This is what the dress looks like underneath, and this is how I will wear it to the evening reception.

Need hair to go with both, unless my hairdresser comes to the evening reception Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    Roseybell ·
    • Hide content

That's my dress too! I always thought I would wear a veil but agree that it would be too much. I'm going to wear a vintage hairband, I think that'll work but not tried it all on yet. I think a birdcage would go nice too.?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I agree! A stunning vintage hair flower/similar would look fab.

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

Im actually really excited i have a dress twin!!!!!

Woooo RoseyBell when are you getting married?

Ive got another trying on session on sunday, going to try and decide on a belt for the evening as I havent ordered the one in the picture.

EEEeeek so exciting!

I am on the hunt for vintage(y) hair combs etc, but i had no idea they were so expensive!

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    Roseybell ·
    • Hide content

I know it's really exciting! I like that the dress is a little different and has 2 very different looks.

I really liked another pronovias dress too, its called Ugalde and its basically a heavy lace dress with a cute short lace jacket. I tried on the jacket with the urturi satin "under-dress" and really liked it so will be wearing that at night without the belt. Really liked the simple dress with the belt though, very simple and elegant.

Our wedding is 9 weeks on Saturday, when is yours?

So looking forward to trying the dress on with my hairband, shoes etc. Vintage combs are so lovely, but yeah very expensive. I tried some on and they were actually quite heavy.

Have fun on Sunday!

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

That is a realy good idea RoseyBell, i may have a play around tomorrow!

We are not until October so feel like i have got loads of time!

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

That is a realy good idea RoseyBell, i may have a play around tomorrow!

We are not until October so feel like i have got loads of time!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I really like the first one that DaffodilWaves posted, it is 1920ish, it should complement your beautiful dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics