Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Birmingham hen party activity ideas

AFA2B, 14 February, 2013 at 12:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm planning on having my hen party in Birmingham one weekend in June/July. I've already read some great suggestions for places to go in the evening (the Arcadian, Brindley Place etc) but I'm struggling with ideas for a day time activity. As lot of people are going to have to stay overnight for the actual wedding I want to keep the hen party reasonably cheap so I'd be looking for something that costs no more than £30 per person. As most people will be coming to Birmingham on the train I also want something that is based in the city centre so that we don't have to do any more travelling. Can anyone recommend any activities they've done in Birmingham?

5 replies

Latest activity by AFA2B, 16 February, 2013 at 09:00
  • L
    Beginner July 2014
    lucy_x ·
    • Hide content

How about a cocktail class, or will it be too early for drinking? Maybe a spa day the are loads of places in the city centre, i'm sure you can get a deal for £30. x

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I went to Birmingham for my SIL's hen do. TBH, by the time we got there on the Saturday, dropped our stuff at the hotel, wandered into the city centre, we just went for lunch, wandered round the shops a bit then went back to the hotel for a drink in the bar before we got ready to go out. There was about 15 of us too and it worked really well

• Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto
    Beginner
    Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen do at the Hyatt hotel spa so can recommend that but there's loads of spa places in Birmingham CC so you will be able to find one that does reasonable treatment prices to fit with the budget. Or what about the Vintage Salon - https://lekeux.com/Henparties.html - not sure of their prices for hen activities or whether this is your kind of thing but the girls who run it are lovely

If you did cocktail making - I'd recommend the Island Bar http://www.bar-island.co.uk/?page_id=16

Or you could do a trip to Cadbury world? That's not far out of the city centre. It might be a bit busy on a weekend but last time I went it was fun and you get quite a bit of free chocolate!

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

I organised life drawing for my cousins hen, was in Oxford but they do it all over.

Was brilliant fun! And £30 each.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

One of my brides is doing fascinators making, then learning to make cocktails, then having hair and make up done and then hitting the town. It's one of these things that came as a package per person.

ETA the link https://lekeux.com/vintagehair.html

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    AFA2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the ideas ladies. DaffodilWaves, me and one of my bridesmdaids have both emailed LeKeux as I liked the look of having a vintage manicure followed by a burlesque class but after a couple of weeks I've never had a reply from them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics