Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fluffymalone
Beginner May 2011

Birmingham Jewellery Quarter???

fluffymalone, 2 of November of 2010 at 17:39 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hi

My gorgeous OH is taking me to the Birmingham Jewellry on friday to look for and hopefully buy our wedding rings (yay)

Was hoping some of you lovely ladies can make a few reccomendations??

All I know is that I want white gold and diamonds. (platinum a bit out of our price range)

Cheers xx

23 replies

Latest activity by samdriscoll, 9 of February of 2011 at 09:43
  • Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

HIya,

My OH bought my engagement ring from Mayfair jewelers and he cant fault them...His boss also bought his wifes ring from there and they were really good. Dont just look at the price in the window as if you go in and speak to them they may do you a discount as they did with OH. Hope that helps xx

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thats great thanks!!

Will be writing all suggestions down lol

We are coming from Derby I am I right in thinking it is in the Hockley area??

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

You'll have a great day, I know I did, looking at all the pretty sparkley things!

Both my ER and WR came from Marlows certified diamonds and I really can't praise them enough. They were fantastic, really helpful and we didn't feel like there was any pressure to make a decision (I am probably the worlds least decisive person!). They have been really helpful after the fact too - I need my rings resizing again now it's a bit cooler as my ER slips on and off my finger far too easliy - they've told us to bring it in whenever we're ready (we're not terribly local) and they'll sort it out for us.

When we bought them, they also told us that they like to see the rings back again at least once a year so that they can make sure that everything's ok with them. Then they'll clean them and revalue them for the insurance too. How could I possibly resist? The chance to spend 1 day a year looking at all the pretty sparkley stuff and twisting OH's arm to buy me jewels?!??

• S
    Beginner November 2010
    Sergzy ·
    • Hide content

We got our rings from Number One Jewellers. Petra is fantastic, and has even helped me to get a surprise pressie for my OH - she's wonderful ?

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    shani14 ·
    • Hide content

We went there to have a look and there are some lovely friendly shops!!!

but be aware, some of them were quite rude, thinking things would be out of our price range before even asking us!! I just told them i would go to the nxt shop as there were so many!

You will have a great time. Good luck on finding one!!!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thank ladies.

Getting really excited and counting the down the days this week, although paid the registra in full today and was a little bit excited about that too!!?

Mynnie Im the same I worry that I will pick one then see something better!!

How big is the area and do you think we will get round it in an afternoon? Looking at getting there for about 1ish

x

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

Hi Fluffy ,

We got ours at the jewellry quarter, Got mine from Samson Gold - I just wanted a plain gold band and their price was competitive, and H2B got his at Regency jewellers, the lady who served us there was fabulous. We looked at about 20 shops and they all had different stuff so definitely something for everyone.

Enjoy! x

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We got all our rings from the Quarter, my ER was from Marlow and Sons, and our WR's were from Neweys. We had great service from both of them, they were friendly and knowledgable whereas some of the other shops we went in weren't as interested or as helpful.

It's a fairly compact area so easily walkable in a afternoon, but depends how long you spend in each shop as every street is packed with lots of little jewellers.

• Treacle76
    Beginner February 2012
    Treacle76 ·
    • Hide content

I can also recommend Neweys as thats where we got my ER. They were really helpful and friendly and prices seem reasonable in there.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again girls!!

Made a list of the shops metioned by you lovely ladies.

Just hope OH knows how much his wallet is going to get a battering!!! lol

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring and my wedding ring came from Cirrus diamonds! Can't recommend them enough, really helpful and fantastic service. The only reason OH didn't get his wedding ring there was he doesn't have a clue what he wants, his knuckles are *** than his fingers so the ring kind of hangs - bless him!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Wow thanks!!

Some gorgeous ones on there!! Just what Im after and really good prices x

• liz.g83
    Beginner
    liz.g83 ·
    • Hide content

When I went there to get my ER, we went to only four shops as I walked into a shop called Victoria James.

The older gentleman in there is a star. I wanted a very specific design of ring and the other shops said t was not in fashion and I would have trouble finding it. The guy in this shop went through all his old books and brochures after I put him through looking at my rubbish drawing skills (this was the only way I could explain what I wanted).

He was lovely.

He found what I wanted and had it made for me. He put up with my phone calls and also let me know what stage the ring was at incase I wanted to see it or make any changes.

I still have his card in my purse and the perfect ER on my finger.

Their after service is great too!!

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

There is so much choice there!! My MIL works there but in casting, so she got ours from there but not sure which shop. x

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tbh thats the thing Im a wee bit worried about, the choice!! But we have all day and will be wearing my trainers lol xx

• S
    Beginner
    samdriscoll ·
    • Hide content

Simply you can visit British Jewellery Workshops online store, you will find large collection of jewelleries like celtic jewellery, celtic pendant, silver cross and many more !

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Hi Fluffy,

OH I LOVE the Jewellery Quarter, I get most of my jewellery from there. We got my engagement ring from there, but for the life of me I cant remember the name now. But there are loads there, and something for everyone. Shop around, and definitely haggle. They are all very competitive and will always come down on price. ENJOY xx

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Fluffy the Quarter is very good. A couple of tips for you:

do definantly need to shop around, one shop could charge 500 and the next 300.

Don't take the window value as the amount, they almost expect people to bargin with them.

Ask if it would be cheaper to have one made, many will make a wedding ring to A, fit your EG ring and to match and they get them spot on.

The Quarter is easy to get around in a day, but just wear comfatable shoes.

Don't think because one shop is small it's not very good, they tend to be the best.

If your coming in from derby into New st on the train you can take two routes, one via the canal paths (via NIA) or across town (Bennets hill+Newhall St) OR

If your coming by car there are some space in the Quarter on the street to park but there's a multi-storey on I think Vyse st is the nearest.

• B
    Beginner
    Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I used The Diamond Centre. They are brilliant and you get a discounton any future purchases. We have used them for years.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls thanks or your replies but this is an old post and we have now got our beautiful WR 's and from Birmingham Jewellrey Quarter and can totally recommend it.

xx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

http://www.cooljoolz.co.uk/html/about_us.html

cool joolz in the birmingham jewellery quarter. getting ours from them...

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Ooops, silly moment when I replied. Lol. Oh well don't know why it was brought back then.

• S
    Beginner
    samdriscoll ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I too love the jewellery quarter specially from Birmingham, I like to wear celtic pendant and gold lockets.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics