Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

BIRMINGHAM JEWELLERY QUARTER

sr3693, 25 February, 2011 at 13:35 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hey All,

Just wandered if anyone can recommend shops at the quarter; we are going tomorrow to hopefully find some wedding rings Smiley smile

Thank you muchly

25 replies

Latest activity by WhiteSparkles, 1 March, 2011 at 17:19
  • Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Go to Greens Jewellers (SP GREEN - 34 warstone lane) ask for Tammy (shes my sister) they are brilliant in there and she'll look after you on prices too! were having our rings from there Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for replying; I've had a look on the website & it's a bit too pricey for our budget...but thank you anyway Smiley smile

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Any idea what sort of money you wanna spend and i'll ask my sis wheres best for you x

also, MAKE SURE YOU BARTER! they add upto 100% mark up on jewellery so anywhere you go can and will give you money off if you ask! Smiley smile

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

If you are on a budget, go to Tiffany Diamonds (guys name is Krish). He made me a BEAUTIFUL diamond full channel set ring (£350) which elsewhere in the JQ, they wouldn't budge lower than £700!!! They are on Augusta Street and everything is made to order so you get exactly what you want.

http://www.tiffanysdiamonds.co.uk/shop/

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Aww brill, thanks Natalie, we have £800 max in total Smiley smile

Panjita, thanks for the advice, will def pop in!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats where we are going for ours - hes a lovely guy. We got our ER from there also. Can i ask if your diamonds are round or princess cut?

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Vikster,

Mine are round Smiley smile

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We went yesterday, we went to a shop called NEWEY'S (103/104 Vyse Street. Almost opposite the tram/train station)

I am having a platinum shaped band for £295 and OH is having a palladium 6mm band with engraving for £245.

We went to other shops but no one could beat there prices, , ,

GOOD LUCK, , , , x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Loveska, will go there too! Smiley smile

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Are you looking for plain wedding bands?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a strange old place the Jewellery Quarter. Newey's was the first place we went to (for various reasons) but for what Tiffany's did for £350, Newey's wanted £850!! They wouldn't even budge at all on the price, no bartering or anything. I was a bit gutted because I really wanted to walk out of that shop with something.

Just shows, it's always worth shopping around, you might just drop on the right sales person on the day and get a bargain!

• IDoWeddings
    IDoWeddings ·
    • Hide content

Try Victoria James - wonderful little shop who made my ring for me. I was very sure about what I wanted and after other shops said I wouldnt get it the lovely man in this shop made it for me. Not overly expensive at all and a joyous stress free experience

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Oooo we got ours from the jewellery quarter and had a lovely day.

we bought ours from Harvey Adams, shop just yp from Neweys opposite the train station. www.harveyadams.com

They were lovely and very reasonable, I got an 18crt white gold and diamond ring and OH got a rose gold with diamonds band made on site and was sent on to him within 5 days.

We try them on every now and then and sit on the sofa with them on!!! lol ?

Have a great day

x

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

We looked. Samson Gold were the cheapest. My fave though is Victoria James- we always get my jewels from them, lovely people. Enjoy!!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on hun?

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Panjita,

Well...I found 2 rings I liked, one in Victoria James (lovely shop & people) & 1 in Harvey Adams however there were little niggles in my mind about both of them and I couldn't decide so we were planning to go back in a couple of weeks (my huby 2 be also changed his mine about what he wanted after looking at a few) BUT then I saw a local jewellery company at a wedding fayre Sunday who also make their own rings, lovely guy, it's a family run business only 20 mins from us and we have an appointment with him on saturday so I'm hoping we can sort something out with them!

They gave me an idea on price for what we wanted and it was cheaper than the jewellery quarter so fingers crossed! If no good we are going to have a look at a few local jewellers again and then maybe pop back to brum!

It's worth going but as I need a shaped ring it makes things more difficult.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will you give us a flash? What metal is your wedding ring?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't sorry, it's at home in the safe but I will try and find something similar on t'internet. It's 9ct white gold.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Do you know what the carat weight is? Just interested in comparing it to what I have been quoted in Hatton Garden.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Panjita,

We did go to Tiffanys and he did do a good quote however I may be abit of a snob but I wasn't impressed with the shop...on top of that the guy I saw at the wedding fayre this weekend was still a bit cheaper than him and local..I'm really hoping we can sort with him.

IOh I don't mean to offend u with my comment about Tiffanys as I have no doubt urs is beautiful, I'm just a bit fussy and possibly over cautious Smiley smile

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is obviously not the exact one but it's the most similar I could find on Google. Mine is polished gold and not brushed metal and mine is full channel so the diamonds go all the way around the band. Also the picture shows platinum and as I said before, mine is white gold.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know exactly what you mean, but if I am honest, I felt a bit like that in all the shops in the JQ... Plus the fact that most of his stuff is made to order, there's not a great deal on show in Tiffany's is there? I'm really happy with my ring though.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Aww that is lovely panjita!

Yeh that's what i felt a bit weird about, nothing much to look at but again i did get that feeling in some of the other shops too and they have a lot of rings in the shops...weird ey!

The one I felt most happy with was Victoria James.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

The problem I had is that a lot of the shops don't deal in 9ct White gold so we were a bit limited, but my ER is 9ct so I wanted them the same really.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've got a feeling it's 0.5? Does that sounds about right?

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So glad they helped you- the son is good friends of my OHs best mate. Lovely, lovely family!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics