Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Duckford20
Beginner April 2012

Birmingham Jewellery Quarter

Duckford20, 7 April, 2011 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 0 10

Has anybody been to the jewellery quarter in birmingham for wedding rings? If so any recommendations on shops to go to? Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Liverbird, 8 April, 2011 at 13:55
  • SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Hi, yes - OH & I ordered our wedding rings from the Jewellery Quarter last weekend!! I cannot wait to pick them up in a couple of weeks.

We'd been before and spent a little while going in & out of shops. We got a few quotes and then went and had an appointment with an online company (who ended up letting us down but that's another story). We went back to a shop called Samson Gold last weekend because the lady there had been really helpful. They suggested a ring that I wouldn't have looked twice at and I fell completely in love with it and we ordered them both.

We ordered 2 platinum bands for around £400 - £500 less than we would have paid in a good high street jewellers.

I also hear that a shop called Neweys in the JQ is very good. I think it's one where they'll literally do any ring you want. Tell them what you want, they'll make up a silver sample and if you like - order, if not - no obligation to go ahead.

It's worth going when you can make a morning or afternoon of it as there are sooooooooo many shops to choose from.

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring was from Aspire and they were really helpful when i went back for re-sizing.. My OH trawled the street for a day before he found the one! There are so many shop i guess its just about having a look at them all.

• lisaanne
    Beginner April 2012
    lisaanne ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine works in Newey's and I think that's where we will get our rings from. They will basically make anything you like and prices are very reasonable.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are going back to NEWEY'S on saturday to order our rings.

They are making me a shaped platinium ring to fit my ER and OH is having a palladium, engraved ring made, , , Both for less than half of the price I had been quoted just for mine on the High Street, , ,

xx

• R
    Beginner April 2011
    rachandnath ·
    • Hide content

Yep we've had ours from Newey's!! Gorgeous rings, friendly helpful staff and very reasonably priced! They even cleaned my engagement ring free of charge as well! We chose our rings and they re-sized them for us within the hour! Brilliant!xx

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I got my wedding ring and engagement ring from Marlows in the jewllery quarter.

Aimee x

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting ours from Riches jewellers. They've made me a girls version of the ring my OH liked as well so we've got matching ones, but slightly different and were lovely people in there, very helpful.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

We are going back to Tiffanys Diamonds where we got our engagement rings from.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Tiffany diamonds and was £500 cheaper than Newey's

(I REALLY wanted to get mine from Newey's for personal reasons but they were too expensive)

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We got my engagement ring from Marlows but our palladium wedding bands came from Neweys - we had great service from both!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics