Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Birmingham(ish) photographer recommendations please

Purple Pixie, 5 October, 2010 at 13:25 Posted on Planning 0 13

We're getting married in Sutton Coldfield but not being from the area I don't know any of the local suppliers. I went to a wedding fayre at the Belfry on Sunday so have got a few leaflets but some personal recommendations would be great.

Thank you

13 replies

Latest activity by mrsgreatbatch2b, 7 October, 2010 at 17:58
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked this fantastic bloke for ours. His styles is so relaxed and captures moments as we want him too.

Andrew Billington - http://www.weddingedge.co.uk/

• MagicEdit-Videos
    MagicEdit-Videos ·
    • Hide content

Julia at ModernPhotographic (www.mordernphotographic) isn't based in Birmingham, but she has worked there quite a bit I think. Take a look at her site- her pics are ace Smiley smile

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Try googling Andrew Daykin. He covers your area and is a more than decent photographer.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi there we've worked with these 2 who cover the area:-

Claire Evans - www.claire-evans.com

David Wadley - www.davidwadleyphotography.co.uk

Not worked with him but he seems nice www.davidjperkins.com

HTH xx

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

I shouldn't recommend myself, but I do cover Birmingham and have covered a number of Weddings in the area. One of my Brides had her Wedding covered in I Will Magazine and the photographs used are mine.

Link to Online Version of Magazine below (Wedding in question begins on Page 20. Kings Norton Golf Club)

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?pbid=19902d3f-bbf0-4eb8-9716-8c235f759b9c

Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this... Just trying to help!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all of your replies, I'll look at them all.

JonCraven - absolutely no problem with you posting. You are a listed supplier and it was me that started the topic, not you. I shall have a look at your work too.

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

We've gone with Duo Wedding Photography who are based in Halesowen just a short distance from Birmingham city centre. They do a lot of photography for big companies and have branched out to weddings in the past few years. Their portfolio's were very nice and they do a candid as well as the posed shots. They're a married couple so you can either book for just one of them or both. We liked them when we went we went to their house and they seem like people that will be easy to work with. Price package was also workable for us as we're having 2 weddings so it fit with our budget.

xx

• Bob - An Image For You
    Bob - An Image For You ·
    • Hide content

Hi Purplepixie,

I will recommend myself as I don't know any togs in Sutton Coldfield.

Although based in Sandhurst, Berkshire, I know sutton coldfield area and 'The Belfry' well. My sister lives there. Depending on when your date is, I may be able to cover it. As I will be staying with my sis, there will not be any travel expenses.

Check out my website to see more details.

Regards

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread, but I wondered if this could be extended to include warwickshire please in case anyone has any recommendations that would cover Rugby!! ?

x

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Where abouts are you getting married.

I second the David wadley option, we're having him and his very good. A friend also had him in Feb.

x

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kat44

For Rugby why not take a look at Lesley Bee @ http://www.weddingsbyartography.co.uk/ I've seen samples of her work and she is lovely too it does very much depend on what your style is etc. She's based in Hinckley which isn't too far to travel to Rugby.

Another great team (travel anywhere & husband and wife) Alison & Stephen, work is to a very high standard we've worked with them on 2 weddings, seen how they work and of course the couple's photos in question afterwards http://www.purvis-gisborne.co.uk/ They have lots of samples of wedding albums, galleries etc on their website and blog!

Hope this helps xx

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Mrsgreatbatch2b David was lovely to work with and certainly knew what he was doing. His photos of Kelly & Paul's wedding featured on his blog were so, so lovely.

T x

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Mrsgreatbatch2b - We're getting married just outside Sutton Coldfield.

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm very much looking forward to having him as our photographer.

Purple Pixie, David actually lives in Sutton so close for you to meet. If you go on his site then your'll see his done a lot of weddings in the midlands.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics