Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsCWB
Beginner October 2014

Birthday!

MrsCWB, 24 of June of 2014 at 21:38 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

It was my birthday yesterday. We celebrated it by going to the venue and having our menu tasting. They gave us free champagne!!

Did make me a bit sad though. We have this thing at work where one of the team always makes whatever cake the birthday person wants and we all share it. After months of crap from a couple of members of the team, I didn't get a birthday cake! I have smiled through it and pretended it didn't matter, but actually, I feel so hurt that I am the only person all year who didn't get a cake.

x

13 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 25 of June of 2014 at 18:58
  • Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

That sucks! Although I think I'd rather have the free champagne! Did anybody mention it at work yesterday/today?

Sending you some cyber cake!

?????

how did the menu tasting go?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

That sucks about the cake. Whenever there are treats at work I miss out cos I'm a vegan - unless I make them myself of course. But hopefully the champagne went some way to compensating Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

That's really crappy of your colleagues. Happy belated birthday though!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

No matter what's going on at work, it's out of order to abstain from a card / cake routine. Your colleagues are dipsh!ts. I would go out of my way to make sure that didn't happen anywhere I worked, and hopefully you will too. Don't let that experience change you for the worse, don't pay that sh!t forward.

In more important news, what menu did you choose???!?!?!?!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's poo. At least you had some free fizz - always good in my book! Hope you had a lovely birthday apart from the cake thing.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Why are people so rubbish sometimes?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was going to find a picture of an awesome cake to post but I don't think I could top RR's. I hope you can remember this year as the year you had your first taste of your first meal as a married!!!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I just found this picture of a cake.

You should make it. Except model the heads on your colleagues, and on the banner, you should write 'happy birthday to me' ...

... or is that a little OTT?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do it, do it!!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I would like to make that cake. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to make the component parts but I'm terrible at getting sponge out of tins cleanly in order to put all the different coloured slices together. But it looks like it contains an impressive amount of artificial additives.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I would most definitely be bouncing off of the walls if I ate a slice of that!

I think you should buy yourself a lovely slice of cake and eat it in front of them all ?

Happy belated birthday though x

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

Happy Birthday AlmostMrsCWB!!! Did you have a lovely evening with your fizz and your menu tasting?

I think your team are well out of order, I'd be hurt too, but well done for smiling through it and not showing anything.

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Silly Wrong, if only I was artistic enough to make that cake!!

Thank you all so much. I have to say, the cake thing was the final straw. I have decided to screw it all and follow my dreams. I am now on the lookout for a different job on my dream career path. It will take me years to get all the experience and training but it will be worth it.

As for the menu tasting, it was fantastic!! We didn't choose what we thought we were going to choose in the end, but the food we did choose was completely delicious and amazing to look at. H2B took photos! The staff were lovely, we had so much fun feeding each other bits from our plates (we had one option each and then had to swap tasters) and the venue was as beautiful as ever. We were both chuffed to bits with our venue choice.

x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Haha sillywrong that would be hilarious! Sorry about your colleagues OP, hope you had a good birthday anyway

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics