Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2015

Biscuits for cheese cake

trewsie, 17 of April of 2015 at 17:14 Posted on Planning 0 1

We ordered our cheese cake this week - OH isn't really a cake cake fan. We are able to provide our own biscuits and chutney wich the venue will serve but I am uncsure how many to get. The cheese shop recommended approx 100g of cheese per person and I have asked a couple of times how many biscuits that would be but they haven't answered.

Also if you have bought your own biscuits where did you get them from?

Thanks

1 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 19 of April of 2015 at 19:26
  • E
    Beginner July 2016
    Elephants ·
    • Hide content

I'm also in this predicament. I'm thinking of 5 crackers per person, but I have no idea on chutney. x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Not too sure about amounts per person, as it really depends what other meals are being served and how close they are apart. Is there the option of cake AND the cheese being served together? If so, I'd say only 2-3 biscuits each, as not everyone will have cheese.

For the biscuits, have you considered costco, lidl or asda. I'd suggest buying normal/large sized packets, rather than say a huge, bulk size. Ask the venue to only put out say half, and they can replenish as they get eaten. Anything not opened can be kept & last a few months. (If you buy a bulk say 5kg box, they will all be open and go off quicker).

I'd suggest a few different types: water crackers, cracked pepper, cream crackers, multigrain etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics