Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Black and Gold colour theme...

moonpie1985, 8 May, 2011 at 22:09 Posted on Planning 0 1

So me and OH have been discussing colours quite often.

A number of colours are out of the question due to recent family members weddings already having chosen the colours and we don't want to do the same thing.

So out is - Green, Blue, Purple.

(I would have liked a Blue theme and had a few Sailor type bits, but that is now gone out of the window)

So originally we thought about Red. Which would keep things simple. Plenty of decorations & flowers available in red.

But now I am starting to think about having a Black and Gold theme. This would mean that the bridesmaids can have black dresses, and the flowers can bring in the gold part.

So the dresses will be easy enough to find on the high street - but what flowers can I have that will bring the gold colour into it?

Has anyone else done this colour theme successfully?

Or should I think of an alternative to the Gold, like for example - Black and Cream?

(The girl within me thinks that Black and pale pink would look good, but OH is quite against pink for some reason... )

1 replies

Latest activity by moonpie1985, 8 May, 2011 at 22:37
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Black & Ivory with Champagne is fab. You could have Ivory Flowers with Gold ribbons , Black Dresses, also by adding peachy colours it will warm the theme:

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow!

Thanks Sherrie.

That looks fantastic and just what I pictured in my minds eye!

I just showed OH, and he says he is still not sold by it (He would like to stick with the Red theme)

Im definitley sold though Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics