Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2016

black and white wedding theme ivory wedding dress white bridesmaid dress

sarasmind, 16 April, 2013 at 21:59 Posted on Planning 0 3

I am getting married in august

my theme is black and white and i have ordered an ivory gown.

My bridesmaids have black and white dressess white is on the top and a bit if white on the skirt.

will there be much of a clash or should they have ivory

3 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 17 April, 2013 at 16:18
  • Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a black and white theme too. My bridesmaids are in black but I was planning on having the mens shirts white.

When I spoke to a lady in the menswear department she said that white would make my ivory dress look 'dirty'. She showed me examples with my sash and she was right. The white just seems very stark next to ivory and looked a bit strange. I had to change their shirts to cream.

If you can I think you should stick to ivory/cream - I feel it just works better with the ivory

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Here is a shot from a black and white wedding - may help some one with ideas

• N
    Beginner July 2013
    niknak27 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Im having a black and ivory theme, my wedding dress is in ivory and my bridesmaids are in the black twist and wrap dresses with ivory shoes. My h2b and ushers are wearing black dinner suits with white shirts (the only bit of white in my wedding), personally i think it works well. I would most likely use more ivory/cream more than white, but its up to you, best thing is to do an internet search of your colours and see what comes up.x

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have some prettty fascinators which would be great for mums or guests, if that helps.

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics