Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Luthien
Beginner June 2007

Black Lace - Dance moves

Luthien, 10 of July of 2009 at 22:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 22

We started a little early on the Mojitos this evening. We then watched last nights Psychoville. On Psychoville some of the characters were dancing to Black Lace's 'Superman'. I joined in and only finished when I noticed the look of horror/bemusement on Mr L's face. He had never heard it before and definitely did not know or want to join in with the dance.

I then youtube'd Wig Wam Bam and did that dance for him too.

He hasn't spoken to me much since, he does however keep repeating "Can you not see how wrong that is?" ?

Does/Did anyone else here know all the dance moves to these songs?

22 replies

Latest activity by spot, 11 of July of 2009 at 20:03
  • voddy vixen
    voddy vixen ·
    • Hide content

My name is voddy and I know lots of dodgy dance moves, including those two.

I feel strangely liberated for having said that

• Luthien
    Beginner June 2007
    Luthien ·
    • Hide content

? I was having second thoughts about my confession and was just about to delete this thread!

• voddy vixen
    voddy vixen ·
    • Hide content

Oops! Sorry ?

• Cosmopolitan
    Beginner August 2010
    Cosmopolitan ·
    • Hide content

I love agadoo. Do you remember the single had the dance moves printed on the back of the sleeve? Not that they were hard to remember!

• sminky
    sminky ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes, & I think its a skill to be proud of?

Wig wam bam sham a lam

• Baby Buns
    Beginner September 2007
    Baby Buns ·
    • Hide content

<Holds hand up> my gramps had a Black Lace record and I have a permanent 'bump' from slightly over excited Superman dancing ?

(in my defence I was about 8 at the time ?)

• KJX
    Beginner August 2005
    KJX ·
    • Hide content

I think there are subliminal lessons in the art of 'this type of song' dance. I also think they happen at the same time as the subliminal lessons around 'hair dryer - their point and function' - I do know that I missed out on both and have stood confused while female friends have without thought danced along to these tracks.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Wig Wam Bam was / is a family song. Every Xmas and New Year it comes out. Much to my OH's and various other partners amusement / horror!

After a few drinks we generally end up jumping the wrong way or slapping our hands a little too enthusiastically!

• francesca
    Beginner August 2013
    francesca ·
    • Hide content

I love black lace.

• Luthien
    Beginner June 2007
    Luthien ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhhh! I am not alone. Super.

RaeF - it's the wig wam bam dance that bothers him the most ?

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I can see why Luthien!!

If you've never heard / seen it and sddenly 20 drunken people at a party (in my case) rush the dancefloor and start a synchronized weirdo dance to a song about who knows what I can imagine it's quite worrying!!

I love it - must make sure the DJ has it at the wedding and youtube it! will be sure to dedicate it to you!

?

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

Superman was such a great song, loved the actions, don't know why they don't play it more often! Time warp is another similar one at about the same time. What about the spitting image chicken song, something along the lines of 'hold a chicken in the air, stick a deck chair up your nose....' Think I'm getting carried away now!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Haha!

Think the weddings off as I just did wig wam bam and superman for OH. He not looking so sure!

• clair_de_lune
    Beginner
    clair_de_lune ·
    • Hide content

<pushes pineapple> <shakes tree>

• bettyb
    Beginner July 2006
    bettyb ·
    • Hide content

I love black lace and also know all the moves. We used to go on holiday to the caravan parks where it was a daily feature at the family discos. In addition to Black Lace there was also the YMCA. I can actually do the YMCA moves backwards and roll it out as my party trick when appropriate, and people are always impessed.

• Kitty
    Beginner December 2003
    Kitty ·
    • Hide content

We had superman as our second song at our wedding. I know all the moves and it is most definitely our song.

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

I know the guy who played guitar on Superman. Want me to ask? ?

• J
    Beginner May 2003
    Janna ·
    • Hide content

He's never heard of the Superman song? I would suggest to him that HE is the odd one. What sort of a childhood can you have without standing on a dark dancefloor pretending to spray your armpits with deodorant? [incredulous icon]

• Flowery the Grouch
    Beginner December 2007
    Flowery the Grouch ·
    • Hide content

This thread *may* have encouraged Mr FtG and I to youtube Superman, and then sit, side-by-side, in front of the computer, doing to the actions.

No alcohol involved.?

• Nichola80
    Nichola80 ·
    • Hide content

I certainly did/do know all the dance moves. I bloody loved Black Lace when I was a pre-teen!

Superman was one of my favourite party songs! Can't beat a bit of Wig Wam Bam, Agadoo and others either!

At my mum and dad's house somewhere is a my copy of 'Black Lace's Party Album' my last ever pressie from Santa!

• spot
    Dedicated September 2007
    spot ·
    • Hide content

Apparently one of my history teachers from school used to be in Black Lace (an early incarnation I would guess). was about to google to see if it was a true fact (or an old school rumour) but I can't remember his name! ?

I remember my brother at about the age of 4 doing the superman moves on top of a stool at my sisters birthday party. He was surrounded by 11 year old girls (and me!). Bless him. We could make him do anything we wanted him to do! lol.

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ring any bells?

a friend of my sister's used to live with one of them. (he was quite a bit older than her) i can't remember which one though

• spot
    Dedicated September 2007
    spot ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope! Still none the wiser ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics