Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2025 Tyne & Wear

Black wedding theme

Jessica, 12 of May of 2024 at 21:24 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Seen the idea of a black wedding theme in that you ask all the guests to attend wearing black. Everyone who knows me knows black is my favourite colour and whilst I initially thought I couldn’t really have it in my wedding, I’m thinking this is a really good idea. Guests in all black. The bridesmaids in rust and the groom in green tweed suit. Colour scheme black rust and green. Just want to know peoples thoughts on asking guests to wear black. Is it deemed acceptable to tell people to wear a certain colour or is it not? Also thoughts on this idea in general. Some have said it will look elegant and unique whilst others have said it will look like a funeral. All opinions welcome

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 9 of June of 2024 at 14:16
  • Georgia
    Beginner November 2024 Northamptonshire
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica!

I think this sounds like a lovely idea, as a guest I would be more than happy to dress in a certain colour for someone else’s day. Especially Black as I would say most people own a black outfit.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's entirely up to you, you just need to be aware that the more restrictions or requirements you give your potential guests, the more people you are likely to get declining. For example, in this case, some people may feel uncomfortable wearing black to a wedding as it is associated with death or mourning in their culture, while others may not own a black outfit and be reluctant to spend a lot of money on something they will never wear again - or simply not be able to afford to buy something new just for your wedding. But as long as you are aware that this might be an issue, and don't mind if people turn your invitation down because of it, then go ahead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics