Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Skeptical78
Beginner September 2013

Bl**dy, stupid, bl**dy hair!

Skeptical78, 24 of June of 2013 at 09:07 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have NO IDEA what to do with my STUPID hair for the wedding.

It reached a head ('scuse the pun) yesterday when my sister announced that she was going to have epic electric blue slices put into her hair (she has a dark red pixie crop) for the wedding to match her bridesmaid dress. It will look amazing. Whereas I will have my stupid, boring, frizzy, curly, greying, old woman hair.

Everyone keeps saying 'don't worry, you'll be the centre of attention, you're the bride...'- it's not about being the centre of attention, it's about me looking like a frump. I always used to have really cool colours in my hair- blues and reds and purples- but now as I've got older it's gone so thick and frizzy that bright colours just look daft on it. Like this:

I was thinking of having some sort of bright colour slice myself which would blend in with the curl, sort of a la Katy Perry (not the best pic but you get the idea), but I couldn't trust myself to do it, and there's no money in the budget for hair as my ex-hairdresser friend is supposed to be doing it! But she doesn't have any of the dyeing kit, etc. any more and I think she was just banking on a straightforward styling.

My hair is an inverted bob and about chin length when curly. Any suggestions?

8 replies

Latest activity by MrsSkinner2be, 24 of June of 2013 at 13:55
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Is there any budget to go and see a proper colourist before the wedding and still just have your friend style it on the day? If you can manage that at all, I would.

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

I don't think Katie Perry's hair is dyed - suspect that they're clip-in extensions (or glued). Means you get a more defined colour slice. Also means non-permanant incase it goes wrong and you can move the slices about to get something you're happy with.

Might be a good idea then you don't risk any issues with home dye kits - although if you're used to dying your hair you'll probably already have an idea of the brands and techniques that work for you.

This is another alternative forum where people post images of their fake hair exploits. I used to be into coloured extensions when I was at uni but not really anymore. (Work etc). Have a look at this girls selection of coloured extensions - the bottom picture is kind of a bright version of KP?

http://www.hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18213

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh, i LOVE these!!! Where could i get something like this from? Would be amazing- then I can take them out for the honeymoon!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Just answered my own question....Etsy, of course! ?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Your gonna hate me but have you seen this site? https://roxiejanehunt.com

lots of cool ideas, hair friendly and funky cuts/colours

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Btw, that katy perry hair cut its gorgeous!!!!

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Looks like that girl is in the US - just did a random ebay search for you and found this sellar:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIP-IN-12-HAIR-EXTENSION-CURLY-PINK-BLUE-EMO-SCENE-/150853946333?pt=UK_Women_s_Wigs&hash=item231f988bdd

Am sure there are other colours - I should really get back to work LOL 😃

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree, it looks amazing! kind of gutted I ruined my hair stripping all the colour out for the big day when I could have had this!

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content

The Katy Perry hair colours look like it was done with hair chalks - I have some they are amazing and they just wash out! Get some! They are often on wowcher etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics