Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Blessings / Parties on your return??

7 of May of 2012 at 13:32 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 13

Hiya

My OH and I are getting married abroad and are going to have a party on our return to celebrate with everyone. Is anyone else doing this? How much are you budgeting for the 'after' party and how big are you going to do it?

Are you wearing your dress etc again?

Also is anyone having a blessing and if so whats the protocol for doing this?

Any help much appreciated thanks!!

LLB X

13 replies

Latest activity by ashleigh84, 27 of May of 2012 at 00:37
  • Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm glad you've posted this one as we are going to do the same and have a reception upon our return. We are on a tight budget, so want to do an evening reception for our friends and family rather than a formal meal. I would decide on a budget first,and work within that. I had a ballpark figure of £2000 in my head,but I have no idea if that it realistic or not,lol. Good luck!

What are your wedding plans?

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Hi, in doing this aswell, having a party at a hotel, gonna cost 1600 for it and probably an extra few hundred for decorations, we were just going to have a social club and do our own buffet food which would only cost a few hundred, but i love the hotel. I am planning to have a blessing aswell as i am a catholic and cant have a catholic ceremony in santorini xx xx

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

We'll be having a party when we come back, no blessing though as I'm not religious.

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    Pikachu74 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, We're not getting married abroad but going up to Yorkshire for a couple of days with a few family & very close friends. We are going to have a blessing a few months later just before we go on our honeymoon & I definately plan on wearing my dress again ?

We are on a very tight budget so are planning on doing a 50's style family party in the village hall with bunting & a jukebox rather than a dj with either a buffet bought in or will do it ourselves between us & family. I am planning that the whole lot will come in at less than £500!!

Rach x

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    K8_2408 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in Vegas & then having a reception/party on our return.

Nothing formal just a nice meal with our friends & families, a few drinks & dancing! We haven't made any official plans but that's what we're aiming for anyway!

Budget wise I think we wanted to spend about £2k but we're considering using my OH's work as there are beautiful grounds so just need to hire a marque & arrange catering. If we do that option it will go over the £2k.

I would still like to have speeches & a cake & of course another outing of my wedding dress!

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I am getting married in Greece in a few weeks. We are not having a party afterwards here or a blessing. We are having a religious ceremony in Greece so no need for a blessing and all the important guests are attending. Those who couldnt afford it we paid for their flights (like best man etc really close people). Maybe it would work out cheaper if you paid for a few people's flights? Do you know who is attending? If you have all the right people there then you wont feel the need of having an after party in Egland! Look into it!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Yep, we're doing both! We're having a smallish wedding in Australia, then a church blessing for 100 family and close friends and a party for an additional 200 afterwards!

We're lining OH's family's barn, so it looks like a marquee, and they have lots of land that we'll use for garden games and to put picnic tables on etc. We're having a hog roast, then a band and DJ.

WE're trying to keep the budget down, but with 300 guests you can imagine it's creeping up every day!

• Alohabride
    Beginner July 2012
    Alohabride ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We are marrying in Hawaii and it'll just be the two of us. We're having a party when we get back and i'll be wearing my dress!

It'll cost us about £1400 but mainly cos we wanted a band....

x x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we won't need a blessing since we're having a church wedding abroad, but we are having a reception back here. It's costing about £4500 for invitations, venue hire, linen/crockery etc hire, catering for 100, drinks, band, flowers, cakes (one sweet, one cheese) - basically a full wedding reception, so the price is pretty good, I think.

And yes, I'm wearing my dress again since no-one will have seen it.

• soontobehismrs
    Beginner May 2014
    soontobehismrs ·
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are hoping to get married on a beach in Florida, with minimal fuss! He's got a huge family, so we're hoping to have a bit of a party/reception when we return within a week or two, so everyone can see the photographs etc. We have no idea of figures at the minute, but we were just thinking low key, so maybe a village hall or something and do the food ourselves.

I have no idea about a blessing - sorry!

x

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    ashleigh84 ·
    • Hide content

We have just booked our wedding in Mexico, but we have already plannedwith eachother and family that we are having a 'do' when we get home. I have to be reminded that I will have already had my wedding day as I keep adding extra costs-flowers, decorations etc and my Mum/ mr p reminds me- so we are literally having a dj, local rugby club and a cavery/sandwich buffet. no toasts/speeches etc just a party

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics