Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

InkedDoll
VIP January 2015

Blister on lip

InkedDoll, 25 of March of 2015 at 10:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

So I went to the dentist for a filling yesterday and he managed to catch my lip with the heat curing light. I don't really blame him as I have a very small mouth and they struggle with everything, but it's left an attractive blister right at the corner of my mouth. All the google hits for a blister on mouth (even when I include terms like 'caused by dentist' or 'after a filling') are about cold sores or ulcers, and it's clearly not that.

So anyone ever had a blister on their lip that wasn't a cold sore? Should I be putting anything on it, like Germolene? Or just leaving it alone? My skin doesn't always heal great and I'm vaguely concerned about the potential for infection.

8 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 5 of April of 2015 at 17:54
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I would treat it like any other burn injury and leave it at the moment to heal itself under the blister.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Sounds nasty! I would just leave it alone and see what happens.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Blisters always need to be left to empty themselves, they are there for a reason (to heal) if you drain the fluid from them you're left with an open wound, longer healing time and potential for infection.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I'm sure you are all correct - I'm terrible for picking at things. How I haven't ruined all my tattoos by picking at the scabs, I'll never know. But they go to show that I can restrain myself when really necessary.

I'm gutted cos I'm terrified of the dentists and have been working really hard on overcoming my fear this round of treatment, and it was going pretty well yesterday til the lip burn incident. I was struggling not to burst into tears and it's really set me back now. God damnit.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I would leave it to do its thing. You have my sympathy -l have dentist phobia so something like this would set me back. I hope it heals quickly.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

There is a tiny patch for cold sores that you can put over it made by compeed. It doesn't contain any medication so might be suitable for a normal blister as it's made from the same stuff that they make foot blister plasters from. H uses them for cold sores and he says, much like the feet ones do, they give immediate relief as your body thinks it has healed. Will also stop you picking it. They are transparent so you can't really see them. Might be worth a go?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Ooh maybe, I will look into that, thanks Smiley smile

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

Try Germolene but after that it will still remain dried out, Elizabeth Arden 18 Hour Cream is fantastic for lip health (as with so many other things).

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Ah, it's healed now Smiley smile the mark only just disappeared in the last day or two, though. Thankfully I don't need any more fillings for now so hopefully it won't happen again...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics