Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2011

Blue bridesmaid dresses?

SouthB2B, 13 November, 2010 at 19:33 Posted on Planning 0 5

Help! I'm struggling with bridesmaid dress colours. Our wedding is at a country church and then a barn im quite a rural setting so I'm imagining pastels to go with the country style feel I'd like to create. I like pastel blue bridesmaid dresses but a friend mentioned that these can not work in photos?? I can't remember the full reasoning but it's got me worrying. With pastel blue I'd go for white / cream and yellow flowers as I love the blue / yellow contrast. My other thought is sage green or a slightly lighter green - then with dusky light pink flowers, and again White / cream plus some greenery. The curved ball is yellow for the dresses - love the colour and I think it's striking but a hard colour to carry off? I've two adult bridesmaid, one blonde and quite pale colouring, the other has dark brown hair. I want them both to look fantastic but also want to love my wedding colours too! Would love your thoughts, photos and style inspiration xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Browny, 13 November, 2010 at 20:48
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Have what ever you want! I think blues/yellows/creams would look lovely! Had a quick google and found these:

I think they look lovely!

Alternatively sage green with dusky pink looks very vintagy and pretty!

I dont think either would look 'washed out'.

Also depends on what time of year you are getting married. Blue and yellows would be very 'spring' / Easter, sage green and pink is more summary in my opinion.

HTH

xxx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I love this colour blue & it would work with Ivory & Lemon:

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I was going to have yellow dresses but then my dad pointed out that is affects the white balance on the camera and can make ivory dresses look dirty - i then changed to blue - but i am not keen on pale blues and having a more a sky blue colour. I am having cream white flowers with dark green foliage. Not heard anything about blue dresses and photos intrigued to know what it is?

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies. MrsB_2B I love the colour of the dresses in that last pic, will have a look for more like that. Sherrie you are so talented, I'm going to have a good look through those mood boards - thanks. Lovely girl that's a good point about yellow and ivory, thank you! x

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the long paragraphs am having issues posting from the iPhone!

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Its YOUR wedding why would you let anyone else choose? Go with what YOU want and nothing less xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics