Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Blue Flowers

24 January, 2011 at 20:11 Posted on Planning 0 10

I thought it would be easy to find some flowers to fit in with a light blue colour scheme...until I started looking!

Has/is anyone had/having similar colours they could flash?

10 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 26 January, 2011 at 14:05
  • Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Blue bells? Iris? Hydrangers?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hydrangea with stephanotis:

Muscari or Grape Hyacinth with white peonies:

Muscari with sweet peas:

Blue Delphiniums, White Roses & Lisianthus:

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

As you're getting married in the Summer, pale blue hydrangeas are probably going to be your best bet.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

A lot of "blue" fresh flowers have undertones of lilac so it depends really on how exact you would like the blue to be. With fresh flowers, you are limited with blue as a colour unfortunately. Someone mentioned bluebells and iris but bluebells are not available commercially and are now classed as endangered and it is illegal to pick them. They are also unsuitable for wedding work as the stems are too soft to work with. Iris tend to be purpley blue but although they can sometimes be obtained at different times of the year, they are primarily a Spring flower. As Georgie says, blue hydrangea is your best bet and comes in a wide range of blue shades. There are lots of blue artificial flowers, including bluebells, which are extremely realistic and a lot of people go down the artificial flower route if they have set their heart on blue. Here's a few blue weddings I've done recently:-

These are the artificial bluebells:-

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

Cornflowers have the most wonderful blue. There are dark and light varieties available.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I have a blue colour scheme but I went with silk ivory roses and blue ribbon in between to add my blue

• ClaireG85
    Beginner
    ClaireG85 ·
    • Hide content

I've also gone with ivory flowers and having turquoise ribbon to fit in with colour scheme as i thought this was easier and especially with having a winter wedding too.

There are some lovely blue flowers though and some of the artificial ones (as shown above) do look very real.

• W
    Beginner March 2011
    whiteroserachel ·
    • Hide content

We had the same problem, we're getting married in March and our colour scheme is ivory and royal blue and I was so upset when the florist initially said there would be a problem getting blue flowers for my bouquet at this time of year as I really didn't want just white. Anyway, I did some research at other florist shops and the suggestions I got were monkshood (which is what we're having), delphinium, hyacinth, muscari, anemone and agapanthus. One florist also suggested using blue silk flowers in with the real white ones, although that didn't seem quite right to me.

I know these are probably deeper blue that you're after bit I hope it's some help anyway!

• J
    Beginner May 2011
    Jenny1979x ·
    • Hide content

We are having a baby blue colour scheme and it has been a hell of a job finding flowers to match my BM dresses. I was unsure of what flowers i wanted, i just wanted the blue's to match. I finally found some foam roses at a florists in my town centre, but the florist no longer makes artificial arrangments for weddings, so i have now bought the flowers for my bouquet, button holes and cake toppers.....but i have no idea how to make them. ARRGGHHH!!

I will fash my flowers later on, as my camera battery is dead.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you want any help just shout. I can either talk you through it or use the flowers you have already bought & put them together for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics