Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner January 2011

Blue flowers in November?

clairep100, 11 August, 2012 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi there,

I fancy a navy theme for my wedding that's in November (this year!!) and am wondering about blue flowers in season at that time.

Does any one know?

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by Jalapeno, 14 August, 2012 at 14:35
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
  • HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I don't know about blue flowers but I we toyed with the idea of having teal as our wedding colour so I did have a look into what we could do with flowers and discovered that many florists will include decoration into your bouquet to acheie the colour. It's worth asking them.

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Hello! We are getting married in November too and also have a navy theme!! Have a look on Etsy - lots of lovely sellers on there that will taylor to your specifications, as long as you don't mind fake flowers. Ours look lovely, and it works out much cheaper to have fake instead of dyed. xx

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We are also getting married in November and having blue! We looked at dyed flowers and spoke to a couple of florists about it and they all said that the flowers tend to die quite quickly when dyed a different color, we ended up going with cream flowers with blue ribbon and diamonds to tie it in.

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

Hi clairep 100 -unfortunately not a lot of blue flowers available in November other that aconitum which is tall and mainly used in arrangements. You may find a few lilac flowers like agapanthus and freesia. I would suggest incorporating another colour-perhaps a white and green theme, perhaps having the stems wrapped in navy satin with pearl or diamante pins? you could also have net or feather accents in your bouquets. There are green flowers that will be available such as orchids,anthuriums and lime green spider blooms which are very contemporary looking or if you liked a more traditional look,roses are available in lots of colours-how about cerise or orange? Hope this helps x

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

This picture is massive, I'm very sorry but it's Erygnium. I'm still toying with this idea as I'm worried it'll make my bouquet look tatty but I think we're having some in the top table decs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics