Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fireflies
Beginner June 2013

Blue Nile engagement rings..

Fireflies, 12 of January of 2013 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 9

..has anyone got any experience of buying from blue nile (their uk website) for diamond engagement rings etc? What was the quality of ring like if so? And also would be grateful if you could let me know if you had to pay any customs charges?

Thanks Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by helzbelz200, 13 of January of 2013 at 20:19
  • N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé bought my ring through Blue Nile and was extremely pleased with the customer service......and my ring is beautiful. In addition to this we had it valued and it's retail price is almost £1000 more than what he paid for it.....so toy really do get more for your money by avoiding the high street.

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

Hi, do you know if you have to pay any additional customs charges?

Thanks Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

As far as I can remember the ring was shipped from Ireland so no.....not sure how that works but I assume it's done as a way of avoiding customs charges. What you pay at checkout is what you pay x

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

This is my ring:

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

That is a gorgeous ring! I (perhaps obviously!) have an engagement ring already but it is a clusters set which we got when we were quite a lot poorer (!) so we are thinking of buying a new solitare before the wedding... is there any chance you'd mind telling me the diamond characteristics (if you know) of your diamond, as it looks gorgeous... (no worries if you'd rather not though)

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

I work overseas and the diamond report is at home unfortunately. It's 0.5 carat, petite platinum band and that's about as much as I can remember lol!

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

Wow really? It looks bigger! That's great though - thanks for your help - we have ordered one today! Had already called up to check that we wouldnt be getting charged customs and they did say we shouldnt be so fingers crossed! I guess because they add VAT at the checkout then that should mean customs are paid on it then!?

Just got to wait for it to arrive! Thanks for the help! Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

The setting and the petite band make it look huge lol! It's a beautiful ring and I love it Smiley smile hope you're as happy with yours x

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    helzbelz200 ·
    • Hide content

Got engagement ring through Blue Nile, I thoroughly recommend them; I love my ring.

I loved choosing exactly the diamond I wanted and setting, unlike in shops, all the details of the diamond are there for you to see so you can clearly balance price v's quality etc, you save a lot cutting out the shop. Didn't have to pay duty. The ring took about 2 weeks to arrive and was well packaged. The platinum was good quality and diamond had the certification.

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    helzbelz200 ·
    • Hide content

OOPs just read you did buy your ring - oh well, you shouldn't get charged customs we didn't!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics