Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2017

Blushing bride, not flushing bride!

ElmoPoppySukiCat, 22 of January of 2017 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi, does anyone have advice on a decent wedding day antiperspirant? I want to find something which can carry me through from nerves at the ceremony to an evening of dancing and doesn't mark my dress. Wedding isn't until September, but I have quite sensitive skin, so I need time to try things out between now and then to make sure they a) work and b) don't result in rash/pain/itching! Also any tips on keeping cool under all that dress?
Thanks, guys!

7 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsO'L, 27 of January of 2017 at 10:04
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'm a wedding photographer so have the same issues re running about all day in the heat!

I use Sure Invisible. I save it just for weddings.

http://www.suredeodorant.co.uk/women/invisible-black-&-white-aerosol-antiperspirant-deodorant-250ml.html

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I've used this before: http://www.dove.com/uk/deodorants/stick/maximum-protection-original-clean-antiperspirant-deodorant.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAzZHEBRD0ivi9_pDzgYMBEiQAtvxt-OYa2tOFQn1p1dBfBlTgwG_NKW0mL7DNcg8fViFGpNMaArF18P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

And will be using it for my wedding in June. You put it on the night before, it works really well and is great on sensitive skin xx

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

I searched for years for a decent long-lasting deodorant and now I only ever use Sanex roll-on (the dark blue cap).

• E
    Beginner September 2017
    ElmoPoppySukiCat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, all - I'll start giving those a try :-)

Katie

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I use Perspirex Comfort, for sensitive skin. You do need to make sure that your skin is completely dry before using it, and only use a very small amount, otherwise it does itch. That said, I have hormonal problems that make me sweat loads and this is the only thing that keeps me dry.

If you are shaving before using it, I suggest moisturising after shaving, waiting for that to dry, then putting on the deodorant. You can put your normal deodorant or bodyspray on afterwards if you like.

https://www.mysolution.perspirex.co.uk/

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

If you want something REALLY strong, try Driclor. I think they sell I think in Boots. It's toll on like deodorant, but about 10x as strong! Just don't use it after shaving as it stings like hell if you do!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for the dove deodorant!

Sorts you right out - you can buy it from boots and it's super sensitive because it's a cream Smiley smile

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

I have really sensitive skin too, especially my underarm. I had so much trouble all of last year to find a deodorant that didn't aggravate me or cause a rash/itching/swelling. I tried all the non-perfumed/sensitive/aloe vera ones I could find but nothing seemed to work for me. Then one day my Dad suggested that I switched to deodorant for men - I currently use this;

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/sure-for-men-sensitive-roll-on/prd-h3l?gclid=CKGA2sqI4tECFbcK0woduloIgg

& I haven't a single bit of trouble since! It has worked a treat & it doesn't smell too manly if that makes any sense. I hope you find something that works for you!xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics